Community Mobilizer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: Community Mobilizer (2)
- Taiz Governorate, Al-Mudhfur District
- Taiz Governorate, Al-Qahira District
REPORT TO: Nutrition Field Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 18/02/2024
ABOUT FMF: The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012, even during the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today, we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
- FMF provides a work environment that is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adult beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults' beneficiaries from abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Community Mobilizer works under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Field Officer and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating community mobilization activities in the targeted districts, through training Community Health and Nutrition Volunteers on health and nutrition practices to promote positive health behaviors and practices in the targeted communities and guiding them towards achieving project goals and creating a positive community impact.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct community assessments to identify key stakeholders, community leaders, and influencers.
- Develop and implement a community mobilization plan in collaboration with the project team.
- Support teams in developing monthly and quarterly work plans, including messages to be prioritized and demonstrations to take place.
- Organize and facilitate community meetings, workshops, and awareness campaigns.
- Promote the project's objectives and activities to community members through various communication channels.
- Organize training and exposure to improve the knowledge and skills of the targeted communities and volunteers to deliver high-quality community-based activities.
- Conduct monthly meetings with community volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put a plan for the coming period.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with community leaders, local organizations, and relevant stakeholders.
- Mobilize and engage community members to actively participate in project activities, such as training sessions, workshops, and events.
- Provide regular updates and reports on community mobilization activities, progress, and challenges to the project team.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of community mobilization efforts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Collaborate with project staff to coordinate and integrate community mobilization activities with other project components.
- Prepare and submit success stories to showcase achievements and the project's impact.
- Maintain proper documentation and storage of all project documents, reports, and technical materials.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A diploma degree in public health or social/behavioral sciences such as Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Public Relations, Health Promotion, or Education.
- 1-2 Years of experience in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office programs and relevant health databases.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure well, flexibility, adaptability to transition.
- A priority is given to candidates from the same districts.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل