Psychologist (3) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: Psychologist (3)
- Hadhramout Governorate
- Shabwah Governorate
- Taiz Governorate
REPORT TO: Senior Field Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 18/02/2024
ABOUT FMF: The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012, even during the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today, we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
- FMF provides a work environment that is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adult beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults' beneficiaries from abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The psychologist will play a critical role in promoting mental health, resilience, and well-being among the beneficiaries by delivering psychosocial support and Psychological First Aid activities in a compassionate and effective manner.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct psychological assessments and plan appropriate interventions and follow-up for the beneficiaries in the targeted districts.
- Ensure an appropriate, safe, and confidential environment for psychological interventions, in health facilities and communities.
- Provide psychological support sessions (individual, family, group) to persons in need, including children, adolescents, adults, families, and persons with specific vulnerabilities focusing on children and pregnant and lactating women to improve their mental health conditions.
- Ensure the intervention and care provided to beneficiaries is of high quality following national guidelines and international standards.
- Ensure confidentiality and proper documentation of beneficiaries' information.
- Ensure referrals to specialized services (MHPSS, Health, or Protection) when needed, according to FMF protocols and national and international standards.
- Prepare and conduct training for healthcare workers in the targeted health facilities and community volunteers at the community level on Psychological First Aid (PFA) and psychosocial/protection issues and referral.
- Contribute to data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting daily, weekly, and monthly, according to FMF tools and processes.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A university degree in psychology or related field.
- 2 years of experience working with I/NGOs, particularly in PSS.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral Service Providers and referral pathways.
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility and understanding of local communities and customary rules.
- Excellent communication, listening, and observation skills.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer and prior experience working with smart data collection tools such as KoBo.
- Respect the confidentiality of data and information.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل