Finance and Accounting Assistant
United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGOs in the United States, with a focus on relief and developmental needs globally and domestically. We currently have an opening for a full-time, Finance & Accounting Assistant to lead UMR’s in-country projects.
General Job Brief
The will oversee day-to-day Accounting and Finance functions for the UMR Field Office - Yemen, including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts, and Payroll support to the Financial Reporting Process, annual Audit, and the Annual Budget Process - completed at the headquarters level. Provide insight and guidance for ongoing processes and internal control improvements for the field office. This position is critical to ensuring the utmost financial integrity of UMR for which they will provide support for technical Finance and Accounting functions.
This position will also report to the Field Officer who will oversee administrative, direct program, and project related support efforts required of this position, as directed.
Typical Duties (The following duties are those typically required to do the job but are not intended to include all duties that comprise the job content. Typical duties are intended to illustrate the diverse and levels of difficulty of the job.)
Accounts Payable and Vendor Management
- Maintain vendor files, receipts, and all documents in Box.com for vendors and contractors
- Manage accounts payable process - receive, review, and verify vendor invoices for Field Office operations, programs, and projects
- Review transactions to ensure proper signature authority/approval(s) are included and are properly coded and comply with financial policy and procedures for disbursements
- Follow up on discrepancies and issues, as needed
- Record in the General Ledger
- Track expenses and funds disbursed using the Field Office Tracking tools as required by Headquarters to maintain transparency and accuracy
- Oversee purchasing as required by the UMR Procurement Policy
- Collaborate with Country Director/field Officer to Contract with licensed Auditor
Cash Receipts and Reporting
- Review wire transfers received from Headquarters, prn
- Record deposits in the General Ledger, prn
- Maintain accurate electronic deposit records
- Reconcile with Bank Statement, monthly
- Reconcile payments received from HQ, prepare account analysis, and monitor for timeliness and accuracy, as needed
- Track funds received using the Field Office Tracking tools as required by Headquarters to maintain transparency of funding received
- Process payroll disbursements for Field Office contractors as required by the local tax authorities and government regulations
- Ensure related taxes, social security, benefits, and employee deductions are accurate and submitted timely per local laws and government regulations
- Collaborate with Field Office Program Manager to ensure smooth systems are in place to obtain contracts for employees and process payroll, taxes, and benefits timely
Program and Administrative Assistance
- Maintain program and project files for the Field Office, as directed by the field office manager
- Manage project and ensure Vendors meet expected timelines and punch lists to satisfactory completion
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboration, integrity, and work ethic are critical to success in this role.
- Completing other duties and tasks with utmost integrity and professionalism, as directed, and not necessarily mentioned in this description, will be expected.
- Support the Finance team in all areas to ensure accurate reporting from the Field Office to Headquarters, prn
Knowledge (Classification is typically expected to possess.)
- Knowledge and of the Accounts Payable, Cash management, and payroll processes using related accounting and payroll software.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures and possess familiarity with the use of standard office equipment
Education and Experience (Classification is typically expected to possess.)
- Associate degree in business or accounting, preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of full-cycle accounts payable, account receivable, and payroll processing experience, preferably in a NGO environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks Software is preferred.
- Experience in a remote work environment is preferred.
Ability and Skills (Classification is typically expected to possess or show potential of satisfactory development when placed in the job.)
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal history background investigation, as required by the host country’s local and government authorities
- Ability to complete all duties with the utmost integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- High attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and work harmoniously with related personnel
- Ability to work in a remote, digital environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to review operations for efficiencies; make suggestions for improvements
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google mail
How to Apply
The deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV by e-mail to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Clearly mention the job title that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل