Governorate Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Governorate Coordinator
Reports To: Direct reporting to the PACE Manager
Location: Hadramout, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in various governorates in Yemen (Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz and Hadramout). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Governorate Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination of YCST activities in their assigned governorate(s). They ensure that the program is standardized yet flexible throughout the target areas, coordinates activities with the local partner organizations, and local authorities and communities. In particular, he/she will support in the following:
- Coordinate the implementations of the project activities in the governorate in accordance with approved Implementation Plan, schedule, deliverables, and M&E indicators.
- Establish effective relationships and communication with the governorate, districts and communities' officials and leadership and periodically update them on the project progress
- Update the targeted communities' dashboards
- Develop and update the contact list of the governorate and targeted districts' and communities officials and stakeholders on a regular basis
- In cooperation with program team and partners, coordinate with local authorities and stakeholders at the governorate and district level in ensuring timely of assistance to required locations in line with actual needs.
- Contribute to addressing problems in the field, and maintain regular communication and information sharing with program team.
- Collect and analyze data for the Situation Analysis in target governorate.
- Follow up of referral cases from the targeted communities and ensure they got the responses on time.
- Review, follow up and recommend improvements based on the feedback from the governorate stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Works directly with local councils, communities and vulnerable groups to implement the related program interventions.
- Undertake ongoing visits to sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs.
- Communicate with local counterpart authorities on program feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the delivery of program assistance.
- Undertake follow-up action on program implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant report along with pictures. Suggest changes in program work plans as required.
- Attend coordination meetings in target governorates, prepare notes and undertake follow-up action and coordination related to program implementation and monitoring.
- In cooperation with the M&E team, ensure appropriate accountability mechanism is understood and accessible to targeted communities and responding to any feedback as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports with the MEAL team and technical staff.
- In coordination with security staff and advisors, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, partners and other stakeholders and travel to the field when the security situation allows.
- Liaise closely with local authorities and partner agencies at the governorate and district level to ensure program compliance with applicable policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values, and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
- Organize events in the governorates and districts, prepare Purchase Requests Forms (PRFs) and coordinate directly with logistics/procurement staff in the hub offices.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
University degree in (Management, Community Development, Business Administration) and/or related field and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working on supervisory roles preferably with INGOs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From July 2021 until April, 2022.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل