DME Officer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Search for Common Ground (Search) is a non-governmental organization working to transform the way societies deal with conflicts. We have over 37 years of experience in peacebuilding and are based in 53 local offices worldwide. We strive to build sustainable peace for generations to come by working with all sides of a conflict, providing the tools needed to work together, and finding constructive solutions. While conflict is inevitable, violence is not! Our mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Instead of tearing down an existing world, we focus on constructing a new one. We shift the everyday interactions between hostile groups of people, so they can work together to build up their community, choosing joint problem-solving over violent means.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the activities of the assigned projects, and ensuring the overall quality of project implementation. S/he will work with the M&E manager in ensuring timely and accurate reporting, be it internal or external and s:he will also ensure all relevant M&E products are regularly added and updated on the Grants Management System. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will contribute to the design, drafting and management of research like baseline and end line studies, final evaluations or other types of research conducted internally or through external consultants
Vacancy: DME Officer (2)
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Type of contract: Full-Time_local
Travel: 30% travel inside Yemen
Contract duration: 9 Months
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report directly to The DME Manager and is responsible for the following:
Key Area 1: Support the Project Design, Monitoring & Reporting
1. Act as M&E focal point for the assigned projects
2. Contribute to the proposal development process through reviewing the logical frameworks including developing performance indicators, identifying targets and means of verifications
3. Lead M&E discussions in the project kick-off meetings
4. Develop and implement the projects’ M&E plans through identifying M&E methodologies required and data collection tools needed to report against projects outputs, outcomes, and impact indicators
5. Strengthen DM&E capacities of SFCG program staff and partners through conducting training to partners and programme teams on the M&E tools, data collection and analysis, research and reporting requirements when needed
6. Support the DM&E Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
7. Ensure all M&E data, reports, and records are clearly organized and archived in accordance with Search’s data management guidelines
8. Plan for and conduct regular field visits and monitoring for the projects’ activities and produce field reports
9. Create and update the log frame and indicator data of the assigned projects in the Grants Management System (GMS)
10. Upload relevant M&E data and reports of the assigned projects in the Grants Management System (GMS)
Key Area 2: Inform Decision-Making Process and Communication Materials
1. Organize monthly M&E calls with the project teams of the assigned projects to discuss progress using the indicator tracking sheet as well as findings from M&E activities and share monitoring findings.
2. Support the design of Yemen communication materials through collecting case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell stories of the development impact of SFCG interventions
Key Area 3: Support Evaluations, Accountability and Learning Processes
1. Encourage, lead and facilitate conducting reflections on lessons learned and recommendations at the country office level emerging from various projects including (grant reviews, after action reviews, grant closures) and Country office level or project level events including (evaluations, assessments, technical field visits, learning reviews)
2. Support internal and external evaluation processes and support program teams to utilize evaluation findings and communicate results effectively
3. Support the DM&E Manager in facilitating and documenting cross-organizational learning, which includes providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and user-friendly learning tools on DM&E and cooperate with the Institutional learning team (ILT) to share experiences
4. Lead and support the process of designing, piloting and implementing a feedback and accountability system for implementing partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders including receiving, reviewing, maintaining and following up on complaints and feedback received.
5. Undertaking any other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل