Community Mobilizer Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
- Position: Community Mobilizer Officer
- Location: Taiz
- Grade: 4b
- Contract Length: 12
The Community Mobilisation Officer will be responsible for preparing, implementing and overseeing community mobilisation events on the different activities of Child Protection/Education program
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
In collaboration with the CP Manager and CP Programme officer develop community mapping tools (to identify CP Risks and CP mechanisms/services in communities).
- Oversee the community mapping exercise in the communities where we work.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Ministry of Social Affairs (Taiz) office the community mapping exercise and the workshop for parents.
- Support the development of a referral system for children in need of specialised psychosocial services and link with the service providers.
- Provide training to staff and partner staff and Save the Children volunteers on community mobilization and sensitization methodologies.
- Prepare logistics of all trainings and workshops (stationary, conference room, lunch, breaks, transport costs etc.).
- Prepare plans and budgets for all community mobilization activities.
- Prepare reports with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the community mobilization and the protection programming in the target communities for the supervisor.
- Support the development of the Child protection and education campaigns and dissemination of advocacy messages
- Work closely with the community in formation of child protection committees and parent-teacher associations (activation, capacity building, follow up)
- Support the outreach child protection/ education activities and implement sessions to increase community participation.
- Support the inclusion of the children with disabilities and minorities in the different activities of the child protection/ education program.
- Supports the rest of the child protection/ education team to implement the required activities
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, PTAs, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as local NGOs, community-based organizations in the implementation of the Child Protection/Education project in Taiz
- Ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop SCI Child Protection programme.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures..
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, business administration or any other related field.
- 3 years experience in a similar post.
- speck English Language Flaunt
- Protection / community development experience.
- Training skills, ability to conduct trainings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent Save the Children at meetings with government officials
- Capacity to work with a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Coordination skills.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
MEAL VolunteersDeadline:09 Apr | Ibb
Social Media and Communications OfficerDeadline:05 Apr | Sana'a
Supply Chain OfficerDeadline:06 Apr | Hadramout
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health ConsultantDeadline:12 Apr | Sana'a
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health Consultant- AdenDeadline:12 Apr | Aden