Data Management Assistant
- Job Title: Data Management Assistant
- Reporting to: Data Management Officer
- Sector: Food Security and Livelihood
- Location: Wadi Hadramout with frequent visits to Aden
- Deadline: 27 Septemper 2023
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors, namely FSL , Education and child protection , WASH and Health , Shelter and CCCM and protection , and Governance and Capacity building
Purpose of the job:
The Data Management Assistant is responsible for the Data Management processes and support functions in projects. S/he organizes Data Management, S/he is responsible for maintaining the project’s filing system. The Data Management Assistant works under the supervision of the Data Management Officer.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the position of Data Management Officer to carry out the following
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Project Planning and Coordination:
- Coordinating and communicating with the Accountability Assistant in the Monitoring and Evaluation Department and responding to complaints reported by them.
- Participate in the mobilization and awareness-raising of key stakeholders and target communities
2. Project Management:
- Overall data management for the project team, including taking ownership of the site resident database and ensuring it is updated in an accurate and timely manner in support of the field team.
- Design and develop KOBO data collection tools according to the needs of the project team, for new site assessment surveys and new registration, and training the team which will use the KOBO form.
- Perform verification tasks across distribution lists to ensure vulnerabilities are identified and duplicate distributions are avoided.
- Perform and supervise data entry, ensuring that data meets high-quality standards (including in the field and the office).
- Contribute ideas to improve the flow of information within the project team.
- Support the Data Management Officer in liaising with the M&E team regarding distributions and ensuring a consistent response from the M&E department to requests for information.
- Ensure timely and effective data collection from data sources and identify appropriate data sources.
- Archive all distribution documents in electronic archives such as OneDrive and organization archives.
- Preparing the weekly report and following up with the project team to obtain the required information and photos and ensuring that the report includes all activities carried out during the specified period.
- Perform data quality checks on the data/information periodically.
- Communicate with the direct official in the project when there are errors in the data to avoid them.
- Ensuring respect for the principle of confidentiality and non-disclosure of any information obtained through the performance of his work.
- Create databases correctly based on the required information prepare and sort documents for data entry.
- Resolve information discrepancies and obtain more information for incomplete documents.
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs, and they follow them accordingly.
- In cooperation with the relevant Security team, monitor the local security situation and inform the Security Officer of developments through regular written reports.
- Monitoring the local security situation and informing the security officer of developments through regular written reports.
- Ensure awareness and respect of the NMO Code of Conduct and Personnel Policies
- Ensure aware of and implement the policies and regulations in place (quality and compliance, security and safety, logistics, finance, and information technology)
- Provide the project Officer with all data and updated information weekly, monthly, and when needed
- Support the circulation of relevant information, reports, memos, and any other related documents as well as with the partners and other stakeholders. Preparation of all reports for the project phases (quarterly, interim, and final).
- Participation in the preparation and drafting of all types of project reports (Weekly, Monthly).
- Ensure project legal documents are completed, signed, and archived (soft & and hard copies).
- Compile, copy, and file all project documents.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Since , business administration, management, Engineer, or another related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Data Management
- Experience collecting data remotely or at the community level.
- Proficiency in entering data into databases and Microsoft Office
- Experience with report writing and editing.
Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel independently to the targeted governorates when required
- Strong task management skills including attention to detail to achieve timeliness and required quality.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solving, and make decisions skills.
- High skills in coordination, communication, persuasion, and presentation.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of gender, protection, and human rights.
- Honest, hardworking, and committed to community development.
- Ability to submit work on time under intense deadlines
- Ability to communicate with team members and diverse stakeholders
- Must be able to submit documentation confirming ability to work legally.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Nahda Makers
Project OfficerDeadline:27 Sep | Hadramout
Project Engineer Officer - Community Water Resources ManagementDeadline:27 Sep | Hadramout
Project AssistantDeadline:27 Sep | Hadramout
Project Engineer AssistantDeadline:27 Sep | Hadramout
District Coordinator (4)Deadline:27 Sep | Hadramout