Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)-Senior Officer - Marib
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Senior CCCM Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Management of Mobile CCCM teams
- Devise weekly work plans and movement schedules for CCCM mobile teams, with the CCCM Officers, ensuring day to day activities run smoothly;
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to the Deputy Project Manager.
Partner Coordination and Service Monitoring
- Oversee liaison and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites;
- Liaison and coordination with local authorities, with DPM and liaison team as needed;
- Liaison with Sub National Clusters (Shelter/NFI/CCCM and Protection);
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of service provision and standards at site level
- Report gaps or duplication in service delivery and advocate through appropriate mechanisms.
Community Participation and Representation
- Ensure the establishment of community committees/governance mechanisms in the sites, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups;
- Ensure regular meetings take place between CCCM teams and community, with opportunity for meaningful participation of community members;
- Plan and facilitate training to community members, humanitarian partners, and other stakeholders on CCCM topics, with the support of the CCCM Project Manager.
Communication with Communities and Accountability
- Ensure work plans are in place, and approve content, for outreach, community mobilization, and information campaign activities of CCCM teams;
- Ensure appropriate communications with communities (CwC) strategy is in place for all sites;
- Oversee the establishment of Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) in each of the sites, and ensure its functional implementation.
- Oversee CCCM mobile teams’ regular collection of information, ensuring the accuracy of data and timeliness of internal reporting;
- Collaborate with Information Management Officer on the identification of information gaps and design/review of tools;
- Compile and review data from the sites, submitting internal and external reports as required, and advocating or raising problems with CCCM PM and Sub-National Clusters as needed.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities;
- Promote and adhere to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies;
- Promote participation and inclusion of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all aspects of programming;
- Ensure referral mechanisms are in place in the sites, in collaboration with Protection partners, for the provision of support to vulnerable persons;
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities.
Project Management and Reporting
- Ensure project activities are delivered according to the technical quality and timelines as agreed with the Deputy Project Manager / Project Manager;
- Organize regular coordination meetings of CCCM mobile teams;
- Liaison with other project staff members;
- Timely and accurate submission of regular internal reporting as requested by the Deputy Project Manager / Project Manager;
- Timely and accurate submission of external reporting to Sub-National Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster.
- Line management of CCCM Officers;
- Identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities of CCCM teams, in coordination with line manager/TC/HR Department.
- Support the Deputy Project Manager in the review of CCCM-related project expenses and forecasting;
- Develop accurate order forms and Bill of Quantities for CCCM activities in a timely manner.
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensure compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures;
- Accurate record-keeping of project documentation in soft and hard copy.
- Responsible for ensuring all movement of CCCM teams to IDP sites is approved by the security focal point and informed to Deputy Project Manager;
- Responsible for ensuring all CCCM mobile team members are briefed on all relevant security rules, procedures, and updates by the security focal point;
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents and risks to the Deputy Project Manager / security focal point.
- Close collaboration with Shelter/Infrastructure and WASH technical teams, and Deputy Project Manager, on improving living conditions in the sites. Including organizing CCCM teams to support assessment and community participation in Shelter & WASH activities;
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by the line manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least two years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO; and preferably in CCCM;
- At least one years’ experience in a managerial position;
- Excellent communication and external representation skills;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written;
- Good computer literacy, including smartphone use and MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is required;
- Experience in CCCM programming is strongly preferred;
- Experience in Protection programming is of benefit.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Senior CCCM Officer- Marib” and rename your CV and cover letter as: First & Last name+ Senior CCCM Officer.
- The closing date for applications is Saturday, 25 September 2021.
- Candidates from Marib governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل