IM and Reporting Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: IM and REPORTING OFFICER
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The IM and Reporting Officer will play a leading role in the development of the communication of findings from projects. S/he will be the primary channel through which communications between SHS and its counterparts will take place.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Compiles field level information required to produce weekly progress updates and monthly reports from the field and updates related to the humanitarian assistance in the project following the standard reporting format/scheme, quarterly indicator reports, annual reports, and other narrative reports as assigned.
2. Oversees reporting and data quality in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Maintains a close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, field, and technical teams to ensure a smooth exchange of information.
4. Provides technical support, training, and clarification on reporting policies, when needed.
5. Monitors and reviews regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports, including information from NGOs, surveys, information from field monitors, and statistics reports.
6. Trains the technical teams on the requirements of the donor reporting templates.
7. Ensures the respect of the principle of confidentially and does not disclose any information related to work.
8. Supports the field team meetings and compiles and follows up on action-positive and timely feedback.
9. Ensures all project staff understands and adhere to the project logical framework, indicators, and goals.
10. Records lessons learned and best practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to the field team.
11. Conducts and supervises the data collection, analyzing, and quality check of data and activities implemented.
12. Contributes to the development of effective information, records and data management strategies
13. Contributes to the development of information, records and data management policies, guidelines and practices
14. Maintains an up-to-date inventory of information assets
15. Conducts the monitoring of field visits to the project locations in order to carry out technical monitoring, verifies that the field work is implemented within the agreed timeframe.
16. Contributes to internal information audits and surveys to monitor compliance and support continuous business improvement.
17. Contributes to regular assessments of, and updates to, CCCM plans, catalogues, metadata, workflows.
18. Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
19. Performs other related duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Camp Manager, Field Coordinator.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Programme Officer, Protection Officer, Data Management Unit, and Field Officer(s).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree or higher is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional work experience in NGOs and field work experience is required.
- Fluent English language, written and spoken in essential.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis tools (Kobo) are required.
- Experience in technical reports writing (PDM, Needs Assessments, Baselines, etc.) is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen to and respect colleagues, particularly across cultures.
- Capacity to working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and Problem Solving.
- Ability to work effectively with a large variety of diverse people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs of the program and Decision Making.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل