GFA Project Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: GFA Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Yemen, Aden
REPORT TO: FSL Team Leader
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 14/02/2024
The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen for since 2012 during even the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
*FMF provides work environment which is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
*We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adults’ beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults’ beneficiaries from abuse.
The General Food Assistance Program (GFA), implemented by FMF and funded by the World Food Programme (WFP), aims to deliver critical food assistance to vulnerable populations in Yemen through a combination of food distributions and cash transfers. This project plays a crucial role in addressing the ongoing food insecurity crisis in the country.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to lead the implementation of the General Food Assistance project in Yemen. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the project, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to targeted beneficiaries while adhering to FMF, WFP, and donor requirements.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Overall Project Management:
- Lead and manage the project team, ensuring clear roles, responsibilities, and effective communication.
- Develop and implement the project work plan, budget, and monitoring framework.
- Oversee all project activities, including beneficiary selection, food Dispatch, distribution, and cash transfer mechanisms.
- Provide specialized project management support to the planning and implementation of GFD and CBT interventions to contribute to assistance modality shifting from GFD to CBT when and where necessary;
- Track project progress against benchmarks and address any identified challenges or deviations.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to FMF, WFP, and other stakeholders.
Logistics and Distribution:
- Manage the logistics chain for food dispatch
- , storage, and transportation, ensuring timely and efficient delivery to distribution points.
- Oversee the implementation of secure and transparent food distribution processes, adhering to WFP standards and best practices.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, transporters, and local authorities.
Cash Transfer Management:
- Design and implement effective cash transfer mechanisms, ensuring transparency, accountability, and beneficiary choice.
- Partner with financial institutions and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate cash transfers.
- Monitor the impact of cash transfers and make adjustments as needed.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system to track project progress and impact.
- Collect and analyze data on beneficiary needs, project effectiveness, and lessons learned.
- Prepare and present monitoring and evaluation reports to stakeholders.
Compliance and Safeguarding:
- Ensure adherence to FMF, WFP, and donor policies and procedures related to financial management, procurement, and safeguarding.
- Implement robust anti-fraud and corruption measures.
- Report any potential risks or breaches promptly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree in Nutrition, Development Studies, Public Administration,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in GFA project management, preferably in the Southern of Yemen.
- Demonstrated experience in managing food assistance programs, including food distribution and cash transfers.
- Excellent understanding of WFP program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian international standards, policies and procedures including the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, HAP, Sphere Standard (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills, and familiarity with MS Word, Lotus Notes, MS Excel and PowerPoint would be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of food security issues and humanitarian emergencies in Yemen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and project management software.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, with knowledge of local dialects a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a challenging and complex environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل