Human Resources Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Human Resources Officer
Duty Station [Al-Mukha -Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (HDP)
aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The HR officer role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to DRC Westcoast operations. Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to DRC Human Resources Policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a solid understanding of DRC’s HR manual and other administrative procedures.
- Ensure staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRCs HR manual.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of social security to local authorities.
- Prepare annual holiday calendar and ensure it is circulated to all staff.
- Serve as the primary source of HR knowledge in response to employee and/or supervisor requests, be well versed in DRC HR Policies.
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are always applied and compliant
- Support with all phases of recruitment
- Maintain confidential, accurate and up to date records of all staff (i.e., personnel information and management systems)
- Assist Senior Management Team/Base Manager in elaboration of individual development plans for employees reflecting DRC vision, values and long term strategic priorities.
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process and maintain Performance Management Tracker
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue
- Draft new and renewed contracts and other personnel-related issues with special attention to compensation and benefits
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences tracker, Staff Contact list, recruitment tracker and take appropriate action point from the Weekly/ Monthly HR reports for Field, Area and Country office, S/he will ensure accuracy of the reports and follow up on action as recommended by the management.
- In coordination with Line Managers and Support Services Manager for South based staff to ensure staff attendance, tracking trend in absenteeism and compliance with office rules and regulations.
- S/he will ensure timely procession of staffs’ salaries for the South National staff those are not covered under the monthly Payroll, accurately prepared and submitted to the HR manager/ TL before the cut off. S/he or she will ensure National staff for South receive their pays lips and respond to any query related to payroll.
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is always understood and abided
- Focal point for the liaison with Health Insurance Company on all related issues & serve as the liaison with service providers on all staff health insurance issues, including registration of new member and removal of members who have left DRC, will also ensure good relationship between hospitals and Insurance company and in case of any refund will seek approval from the Management.
- S/he will be responsible with management of Pension and Social Security, this will include timely payment, maintaing proper record of all the payments and getting quarterly statement from the authority indicating details of contribution for each staff and ensure each staff has registration number as a member.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Follow up DRC allowances polices and prepare payments for staff
- Be responsible to respond to all request related to audit, s/he will ensure audit receive HR documentation timely and make follow up to ensure such documentation are returned.
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided by all the staff at all times.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a HR officer, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and Office Administration
- Top-tier written presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, strong ethics and ability to manage delicate situations diplomatically and lead to effective resolution.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Desire to continually learn and develop.
- Analytical thinking, service oriented and team player.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- A minimum of 3 years’ HR continuous experience in similar position, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development.
- Standard keyboard skills with knowledge of Microsoft office package word, excel, power point, access,
- Initiative and ability to work independently and develop solutions to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one-year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Westcoast (Mokha/Khokha) .
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (H2-1).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from DRC
Mixed Migration Team Leader – Protection (Re-Advertised)Deadline:25 Oct | Sana'a
Quality Assurance Specialist – IMDeadline:03 Nov | Aden