Senior Child Protection Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Senior Child Protection Officer
Band/ Level Grade: 8A
Department: Child Protection
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced populations
Scope of Work:
He\She will be responsible for ensuring accurate and quality delivery of interventions and integration between CP and Nutrition through the Brighter Future intervention. The Senior officer will manage a team of CP Officers, and case workers in and have general oversight of CP projects in Aden.
This position will take lead in ensuring proper and quality implementation of C P interventions, Case Management, and other components of the sector in the center and mobile sites.
- Coordinate with other health actors in the camp to ensure referrals of patients to appropriate level of health care to receive the needed services, when required and respond to any challenges faced during referrals and take remedial measures
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the CP Coordinator and the Child Protection Manager to ensure that all child protection components are well integrated into other relevant sectors.
Supervise two Child Protection Officers, report directly to the CP manager, and work with health, Nutrition and WPE teams to cultivate collaboration
Program Management and Implementation:
- Ensure team members have individual monthly work plans prepared in advance of that month and update as vital.
- Supervising the SHLS and CM team in the CP center with regular filed visits to supervise activities
- Work operations and grants to coordinate to ensure quality, timely, implementation and development of programs, including providing oversight over the budget versus actual, indicator tracking tools, and other grant management tools used by the IRC; contributing to the monthly grant review meetings; regular monitoring of internal program purchase request tools.
- Work with team to ensure projects are implemented in conformity with the IRC program framework promoting and protecting rights, participation, capacity building, partnership, and holistic planning.
- Share with CPM promptly and identify and recommend solutions to technical issues.
- Ensure interventions follow the IRC’s program strategy, national policies, CP Minimum Standards, and SPHERE Protection standards as well as regular field supervising visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Support CPIMS officer to ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including detailed and timely data collection and reporting as required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
- Contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly, and annually) on grant activities, indicators, and achievements, and requested by CP Coordinator.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team, and providing professional development mentorship.
- Coach and mentor direct-report staff, including presenting clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback and provide constructive feedback and promote staff care and well-being; approve and handle all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Representation and Coordination
- Serve on coordinating bodies and represent IRC in relevant partner meetings such as the C P Working Group, and Case Management Working Group.
- Build positive relationships with relevant ministries, other government actors as appropriate, and other partners in Al Dhale’e, establishing IRC as a key factor in Child Protection
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree or validated experience
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience implementing child protection services emergency, working with adolescents, preferably in humanitarian or development settings.
- Confirmed understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team leader, flexible, strong interpersonal skills with children, caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Proficiency in Arabic
- Written and spoken English is required
The position will be based in Aden with frequent visit to mobile field sites
The IRC and IRC workers must make sure to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Case Management Assistant (Mobile Response)Deadline:24 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability OfficerDeadline:25 Oct | Aden
Nutrition AssistantDeadline:24 Oct | Abyan
Roving Field CoordinatorDeadline:27 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Health OfficerDeadline:01 Nov | Lahij