Logistics Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SCOPE OF WORK
Contract Duration: Full Time
Job location: Aden- Yemen , with multiple field visits - 40% office work, 60% fieldwork and travel
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Program Manager - Yemen
Closing Date: July, 30, 2021
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
The logistic officer will carry out procurement at Country Office level, and support MG programme offices in logistics functions where needed.
Logistics functions include: procurement (according to the MG Procurement Guidelines), storage and warehousing of goods, transport and fleet management (vehicles), driver support, shipment, IT support, asset management, supporting health, safety and security at MG office and project sites.
The Logistics Officer is tasked to be responsible for ongoing liaison with the local authorities, in obtaining travel permits, project sub agreements, etc.
Regular field visits are required.
Under the supervision of the Country Program Manager and Logistic Director, the Logistic Officer will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Purchase process
- Stock management
- Fleet Management
- Custom Clearance
❖ Purchase Process:
- Realize local purchasing of goods for the mission, according MG Purchasing procedures and technical instructions
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for local purchases correctly
- Prepare all contracts for goods and services.
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers
❖ Stock Management
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts).
- Receive orders: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the Supplier and requester of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- After reception, put the goods away following MG policy, update the stock cards, record the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Store the medication and all supplies which have expiry data and arrange them according to their expiry date and inform his supervisor about the near to expiry product at least 6 month before the expiry date.
- Documentation of the distribution process.
- Ensure the collection of the signed donation letter from the health facilities and health office manager
❖ Fleet Management
- Responsible for the maintenance of the cars: be sure that the drivers realize daily/weekly maintenance.
- Supervise activities of driver for filling the logbook and explain them if there is some mistakes
- Fill the vehicle monthly follow-up document
- Organize movements of the cars following the movement plan.
- Check and follow fuel consumption.
- Work on MoUs with government entities, local partners (other NGOs), track and effectively organize all project documentation.
- Liaise with all relevant national NGOs, local authorities with the aims of facilitating coordination with national NGOs and humanitarian actors to promote joint or collaborative activities
- Obtain visas, permits, security, custom clearances and official registrations.
- Arrange accommodation and transportation for staff members and volunteers.
- Work as a focal point between MG Headquarter team and local partners on the ground.
- Accountable for the organization of reliable and cost-effective local procurement processes.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall success of all logistics, procurement processes.
- Work with clinical partners to ensure that financial reports are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for visibility printing material and media coverage.
- Develop and foster relationships with the local communities, ministry of health, local and International organizations, OCHA, WHO, UN agencies, and Health clusters members
- Translate, follow and obtain legal administrative documents related to the implementation of programs in collaboration with the program manager and Headquarter officer.
- Responsible for providing all the quotations,invoices and receipts to each payment.
- Translate any procurement documents to English, if needed
- Update headquarter office with the local security situation on a weekly basis.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of the local program manager or the Head of Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in social science, public administration, law, development studies, international affairs or other relevant disciplines with a minimum of two years’ experience in working with humanitarian organizations.
- 2-3 years’ Post-qualification professional experience Work experience in logistics
- Competent and experienced user of MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of social, political and economic conditions in the country;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a wide variety of national NGOs and related networks/consortia, government, UN and international NGO stakeholders;
- Willing to travel regularly within designated areas of work
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards and other humanitarian related issues.
- Demonstrated competencies in drafting official letters in Arabic and English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل