Education Programme Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Education Programme Coordinator
The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the Country Office in Sana’a. Save the Children, Yemen seeks to recruit a project coordinator for its USAID EiE (Education in Emergency) project.
The goal of the $8.1m, four-year project is to strengthen and institutionalize Non-Formal Education (NFE) programs as a viable pathway for out of school children, allowing them to resume and complete their formal school education. The program will be primarily based on the new Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) curriculum.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical leadership and management for the project. S/he is also responsible for project inputs, in consultation with the project director, to support program strategy, external representation and coordination with the project’s counterparts, USAID, Government authorities of Yemen, other donors within the sector and other programs as necessary.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the implementation of the USAID funded Education in Emergencies (EiE) project in Aden and Lahj and provide technical and managerial support to the project and its staff to ensure smooth implementation of all planned activities. The Program Coordinator will coordinate all program activities implemented by the USAID EiE project in Aden and Lahj Governorates to ensure quality, effectiveness and efficiency of SCI work. The coordinator will work closely with project director to give support and guidance to the strategic direction of the project. Details and scope of the role follow.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Education Officers, PSS officer and Data and Information Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With the support of the Project Director, to oversee the technical implementation of the Education Program in Aden and Lahj and ensure the timely delivery of the project’s activities with Quality.
- Develop weekly and monthly work plan for Education projects in Aden and Lahj and support Project Officers in preparing individual weekly work plans and review their performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Actively contribute to the procurement planning and follow up its Procurement Requests avoiding potential delays in coordination with respective operational and technical departments.
- In collaboration with the Project Director and Project Officers, to develop detailed implementation plans and ensure that the plans are being implemented according to budget, time and quality parameters of Save the Children SC.
- In coordination with Finance departments and consultation with the Project Director, monitor financial and accounting transactions making sure everything in line with budget, and reported in time and according to USAID and SC relevant templates and system.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and that delays and constraints are documented on a timely basis and that solutions identified and challenges beyond them are escalated to the Project Director.
- Develop weekly transportation and field trips plans and supervision checklists and reports in advance of the trips and report back to the project Director.
Program design management and reporting
- Coordinate with Field Office (FO), Award, MEAL and Education Program’s other projects’ technical coordinators and officers to ensure the high quality of program deliverables.
- In collaboration with the Project Director, to lead the project’s strategic, technical, financial, and operational planning, including the annual work planning process and development of an appropriate exit strategy
- Oversee the timely and quality submission of all deliverables to the Project Director, including monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports, annual work plans, performance indicators, and regular results reporting as needed in addition to overall quality control.
- Play a leading and substantive role in developing and implementing program activities.
- Ensure all pending deliverables and tasks are completed in time.
- Work in coordination with the Project Director, Ministry of Education to ensure that all the reset plans actions and recommendations are implemented in time.
- Support on preparation of annual project documents such as annual implementation plans, MEAL plans, budgets and budget narratives.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, FMCs, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as INGOs, local NGOs, and community-based organizations in the implementation of education projects in Aden and Lahj.
- In collaboration with all relevant education personnel, engage with children and adolescents to effectively monitor the implementation and impact of the EiE project on children’s issues, including issues of education access and quality.
- Pursue and promote the principle of multi-sectoral integrated programming both within SC and with other development agencies working in Yemen.
- Foster collaborative, transparent and accountable relationships with partners.
- Use negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes of the project.
- Represent Save the Children in a professional manner in programming matters with MoE, MoSAL, MOPIC, Protection and Education cluster, INGOs/NGOs and communities and participates in relevant meetings with these partners.
- Collaborate with PDQ, SC’s different departments and thematic sectors, and other team members to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Work closely with the Education Cluster coordinators to ensure all the EiE education interventions and activities are reported and represented at the Yemen Education Cluster level.
People Management ,development and capacity building
- In collaboration with the Project Director, strategically plan staffing needs to implement the program, supporting the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as required especially for project officers, assistants and the community volunteers.
- Technical management and supervision of the Project’s Officers to ensure that they have clear objectives and received meaningful feedback on their performance
- On job support and training for the Project’s Officers and Assistants and with the support of the Project Director ensure they are supported to undertake regular EiE and other technical trainings on education.
- Ensure that staff understand their responsibilities and duties.
- Provide technical and operational support to the Education Officers, Assistants and volunteers.
- Facilitate training for staff according to identified and prioritized needs.
- Ensure staff and volunteers understand Child Safeguarding policy and report any concerns.
- Give constructive feedback to team members especially the direct reports in order enhance capabilities and responsibilities of the team.
- Work to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of individuals are guided to achieve synergies and individuals and organisational success.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and learning
- Working closely with MEAL team, implements M&E systems in project sites s/he is responsible for and ensure that the agreed tools are used properly.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits according to requirements and plans, ensure quality of Save the Children’s program reporting and flag any concerns to the Project Director.
- Support the Project’s Officers and the data management staff to ensure that the project has reliable, verifiable and timely data.
- Coordinate for regular and timely updating of the Project’s data on the SC online IMACT system and offline IPTT and MEAL plan.
- Comply with Save the Children’s policies and practices with respect to Child Protection and safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Be able to access and analyse key issues in the humanitarian situation and formulate actions around them.
- Actively engage in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation; support the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts.
- Take appropriate, coordinated and consistent actions to handle situations of personal risks and risks for others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Education professional with 5-year experience in managing and implementing complex Education programs (preferably in an Emergency field) or with similar number of years on experience in education in emergencies programming especially on Non Formal Education
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Sociology, Community Development, Disability Inclusion, Early Childhood Care and Development, Social Policy and Planning.
- Proven expertise in some of the following areas: community development (including mobilization and planning), teacher training and mentoring, Basic Numeracy and Literacy/Accelerated learning.
- Proven experience in planning and coordinating programs in complex conflict settings
- Experience in the development of program manuals and guidelines
- Experience of networking and working collaboratively with other development partners
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work within a team
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Computer skills in word and excel, preferably full Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandates and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Sound knowledge of Child Protection principles, policies and programs
- Experience working with children in the following contexts: disability programs (including referral mechanisms and case management), non-formal education, formal basic education, student councils/clubs, girls’ clubs etc.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
Deadline for submitting applications: 30 Oct, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 30, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل