Biomedical Technician This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
EMERGENCY is an independent, neutral and non-political Italian organization that provides free, high quality medical and surgical treatment to the victims of war, landmines and poverty. EMERGENCY promotes a culture of peace, solidarity and respect for human rights. EMERGENCY is going to open a Surgical Centre for War Victims in Hajjah (Hajjah Governorate) Yemen.
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension;
Location: Hajjah city;
Working hours: Full time
Reporting to: Biomedical Head Department and, ultimately, to the Medical Coordinator.
Deadline for submission of application: 18 October 2021
Scope of the position:
The BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN is in charge of the maintenance and repairs of the full range of medical equipment present at the project, of all levels of technology according to EMERGENCY Guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN’s tasks and responsibilities include - but are not limited to - the following areas:
- repairing equipment in service in case any sudden failure or malfunction might occur (i.e. performing corrective/emergency maintenance);
- managing all the activities of preventive maintenance according to the needs and the schedules and collaborating in organizing the schedule in case of need;
- performing a physical daily check-up of the in-service equipment, including accessories, and reporting it properly, under the supervision of the Biomedical Team Leader;
- fulfilling administrative tasks such as monitoring/reporting files or inventory documents according to the given guidelines;
- managing, in collaboration with the Team Leader and the Department responsible, the store and the supply of the equipment, ordering and evaluating the required spare parts;
- Providing technical support and assistance to the Administration in case of purchasing of any additional or new Medical Equipment (Specification, Pricing, Evaluation, Terms of Contracts).
- managing cargo/container related documents;
- performing demonstration and training both in English and/ or Arabic in case of new medical equipment, accessories and procedures’ introduction;
- applying the best diligence in using and storing tools and working material ensure the work station is always in good order
- • To follow IPC and COVID-19 protocol and preventive measures according to the instruction received from the Medical Coordinator;
- To inform immediately the supervisor of any possible absences/delay;
- To show respect for the property of EMERGENCY NGO;
- Bachelor Degree/Certification Biomedical Technician or electronic technician.
- Good English knowledge and ability to work in an international Environment.
- Good Knowledge excel program.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations is essential.
- Due to the location of the Hospital, to reside/live in Hajjah will be considered a preferential condition;
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل