Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position Title: Health and Nutrition project Coordinator
Project Code: CBPF-YEM-23-S-O-25865
Job site: Taiz Governorate.
Employment Type: Full time.
Contract Duration: 9 Months.
Report to: Project Manager (Hierarchical), Health program Coordinator (Technical).
Supervises: HWs and medical, nutrition staff at health facility level and community health volunteer.
Starting date: ASAP
Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) is a nonprofit organization assisting vulnerable communities globally. It offers life-saving aid during emergencies, improving health care services, and focuses on disaster preparedness and resilience, while preserving human dignity. QRCS is recruiting a Health and Nutrition project Coordinator, in Taiz governorate.
Under overall guidance and supervision of Project Manager, the Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator will support the daily operational management of all component of primary and secondary health care activities and services in project targeted district, and provide the technical support to the relevant field project staff, supervision and technical support for health facilities and health workers, also ensure timely flow of information to and from field, this position is also responsible for monitoring and evaluating health and nutrition services delivery according to national protocol. Beside provision of technical support, training and capacity building, representation of the field external meeting, coordination with GHO/DHO, supervision and monitoring of whole project activities implementation in field, and reports writing from field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is 100% field based with frequent field visit to supported health facilities for supervision.
- He/She will be in close link with project manager to coordinate and support regarding the implementation of the project.
- He /She will carry out the following tasks: Field reporting, coordination, communication, Monitoring field implementation and managing the supported health workers and staff in HFs.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the health and nutrition activities including the outreach, mobilization activities and referral activities.
- Provide training needed for medical staff and community health workers to build their capacity and enabling them to perform their tasks.
- Provide support in all aspects of the project, including development of effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems.
- Organize smooth project supplies; ordering, stocking, and distribution and monitoring of consumption and weekly and monthly reporting on consumption.
- Ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals, other medical supplies and nutritional stock and follow up stock movement and stock cards and consumption rate, moreover, ensure quality of warehouse management at HFs.
- Ensure all staff in HFs understand and implement project activities based the guidelines and protocols of the Health and Nutrition.
- Planning and following with health facility staff and CHVs to delivery health and nutrition services in good and professional manner.
- Compile the data collected from the field and reporting to be submitted to the Project Manager and relevant project staff.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with GHO, DHO, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in project activities.
- Organize and conduct monitoring visits and supportive supervision with GHO/DHO team to targeted HFs.
- Monitor quality performance indicators ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Provide regular supervision of supported health facility staff and community health workers.
- Raise the monthly incentives for HWs in supported HFs with all documents required.
- Provide regularly updates and reports on project activities to the line supervisor and others as required, as per the agreed schedule.
- Provide success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use
- Monitor project implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection, maintain the project files/ documents in soft and hard copy.
- Ensure a system for monitoring and evaluation of HWs duties and work is in place and adhered with, as well as, conduct field visits to all sites of intervention and provide recommendations to be discussed with project manager and relevant project staff and implement the action points.
- Ensure submission of weekly and monthly progress report of health and nutrition activities and submit report on time and work with MEAL staff to ensure that production statistic is collected, compiled and reported to project manager and senior managers.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in HFs based the project plan and BoQ.
- Representation of QRCS at health and nutrition sub cluster in field and other joint agency and government meetings and provide summary reports to the leaders.
- To take any other relevant tasks given by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree at least bachelor (in Medicine/Nursing, Public Health or any related field)
- INGO/NGO working experience not less than 3 years in a similar and/or managerial position.
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of health and Nutrition programming.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow strategic directions as guided.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities and MoPH, GHO, DHO, government agencies and NGO, INGO, other stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Applicants should have the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Strong skills in training and developing staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexibility of approach and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision, and stress resilience
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل