Shelter Engineer Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Shelter Engineer Assistant
- Reports to: Shelter Engineer Officer
- Location: Ibb
- Period : 9 months with extension based on fund availability and performance ,
About TYF ,
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM, WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
The Shelter Engineer provides specialized support for the implementation of shelter activities and is expected to be able to provide support in all aspects of the program related to shelter installation. These include technical and engineering assistance, report and project evaluation production, insurance of financial accountability. He will able to take the lead of (ESKs and Ts) area selection and installation based on consultations with local communities in the targeted areas, and under UNHCR supervision and Shelter SNCC, the Shelter engineer will be able to coordinate with UNHCR partner focal points at the hub to conduct periodic assessment for the sites managed by UNHCR to assess the overall ESKs needs.
Shelter Engineer also ensures that the development of shelter strategies take into account the local context, age and gender, culture, climate, environmental protection available resources and skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and engineering expertise for the successful and timely completion of works related to rehabilitation, construction and reparation of any facilities in selected sites within the project areas.
- Prepare all required technical documents includes BoQs, drawings, structural analysis and others depends on project requirement.
- Undertake monitoring and supporting visits and provide technical support to the field officers during ESKs /Ts installation as well as the shelter communities committees which may conducting periodically or after any rains and flooding season also for new displacements waves.
- Provide capacity development support for ESKs / Ts installation labor workers through on work training awareness-raising activities knowledge and CFW importance;
- Ensure an effective coordination with key stakeholders on all shelter engineering and technical aspects and ensure the community satisfying before and after shelter activities and maintenance,
- Ensure proper designing, implementation and successful completion of all construction/rehabilitation/ "QIP" quick impact projects in the field office and the surrounding geographic coverage’s managed by TYF.
- the shelter engineer will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
- Develop technical studies (detailed bills of quantities (BOQ), drawings, estimated budgets works required at the schemes (projects) and in all sectors (WASH, Health, Shelter...etc. ) based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work for IDPs and people of concerns.
- Supervise the construction/rehabilitation process and directly ensuring that it is completed within timelines, according to approved BOQs and quality outcomes and in compliance with TYF construction guidelines.
- Verify that all designed materials for shelter and transitional shelter kits are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin.
- Ensure that all contractors are compliant with Statutory Law and TYF/donor safety and security protocols on all construction/rehab sites.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Develop technical designs, detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) with estimated costs, drawings and structural calculations for the construction/rehabilitation works required in line with TYF/donor ’s regulations as well as the existing local, national, international standards.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from the acceptable country of origin (as required)
- Participate in procurement /tendering process of construction related works and materials, from tender preparation to offers evaluation and ensure adequate technical considerations are in place before award of construction contracts.
- Review existing implementation plans for accuracy and quality — and where possible, suggest technical changes in order to avoid any deviation of the delivery timeframe and quality programming.
- Any other tasks assigned to him by project and TYF management :
Job Requirements :
- University degree in Civil Engineering.
- Three years of experience as a civil engineer with proven experience in implementing infrastructures ,
- Previous experience working with INGOs, NGOs with related projects "QIPs ",
- Ability to deal with designed programs such as (Auto CAD, structural analysis …..etc. )
- A commitment to ethical principles and codes of conduct in relation to working with vulnerable populations
- Good Knowledge of the Area.
- Proficiency in English (reading, speaking, writing).
- Planning ,organizing and effective communication.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously ,and the ability to handle work stress.
- Good understanding of Sphere and other international standards.
- Experience working within a team from different cultural background ,
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل