International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Learning Specialist
Department/Location: YMELP II
Reports To: Chief of Party or designee
Type: Regular Full-Time
Clearance Required: N/A
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overarching technical assistance on all aspects related to learning across various humanitarian sectors
- Develop learning plans to summarize approaches to be combined to meet various objectives related to tasks, schedule, assumptions, and assignments;
- Design, create, and implement learning tools and other technical resources related to learning;
- Create and facilitate the sharing of resources related to learning using existing tools and websites, if applicable;
- Develop a set of learning questions to guide different learning environments;
- Define and implement processes to collect short stories/vignettes of how the services are being used. Videos, audio files, photographs, blog posts, and/or short stories are all viable formats. Stories/vignettes are to emphasize process, lessons learned, and real-life examples.
- Build capacity for adapting to new learning and changes in context through effective approaches.
- Facilitate collaborative planning sessions to finalize learning activities that address learning questions at the Mission
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the program.
- Expanding the network of professionals and institutions that collaborate on performance management and evaluation tasks for the contract.
- Lead training tasks, and efforts to ensure evaluation findings and recommendations are transparent and distributed to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in creating and facilitating learning networks with proven work in USAID Collaborating, Learning, And Adapting (CLA) Curriculum;
- Experience in strategic planning, project design, institutional learning and/or knowledge management.
- Strong background in monitoring and evaluation and analysis of development programs, preferably initiatives funded by USAID
- Experience leading the organizational learning and/or strategic on USAID projects
- Understanding of relevant USAID programming sectors in Yemen highly desirable
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of experience in organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Previous extensive working experience with USAID;
- Fluency in English and Arabic strongly preferred
- Currently eligible to work in Jordan preferred
Education: Master’s degree in international development, international relations, organizational development, or a related field
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Jordan.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل