REACH Consortium Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: REACH Consortium Coordinator
Band/ Level / Grade: 6B
Department: REACH Consortium
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just implementing small projects to handling large-scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war that broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah, and Al Dhale’e. Currently, IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting to the Deputy Director Program, the Consortium Coordinator, Gavi REACH Yemen will provide overall leadership, direction, and technical guidance, coordinate planning and delivery of the REACH project, including Monitoring and Evaluation, Human Resources, partnership, and budget management, ensuring high-quality planning and delivery of REACH project in Yemen. He/ she handles in-country coordination between IRC and partners, represents IRC/REACH at key platforms, forums, and working groups at the national level, and is responsible for maintaining relationships with external collaborators, national MoH, Gavi Country Team, UNICEF, WHO, and other key collaborators and partners, maintaining a high project profile and effective collaboration
The Senior Project Coordinator at Gavi REACH Yemen will lead, direct, and coordinate the project's planning and delivery, running monitoring, evaluation, human resources, partnership, and budget management. They will lead in-country coordination, represent IRC/REACH at the national level, and maintain effective collaboration.
Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs
Position directly supervises: Gavi REACH, Project M&E Manager, Finance Manager.
Indirect Reporting: Project Director, Gavi REACH, Country Director, Deputy Director Grants and Accountability
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- IRC internal functions and departments (finance, Operations, M&E, Grants, Communications and Advocacy, Access, and Security)
- REACH PMU,
- National partners
- Global Partners
- Gavi Country team
- Federal and State MoH
- Other Immunometric CSO
Strategic leadership and oversight
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to ensure the project's goals, objectives, and strategy for reaching ZDC within target locations are achieved and that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with IRC’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations, including responsibility for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring the quality of program implementation.
- Responsible for directing the project team with an integrated vision, applying effective leadership, and management experience.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate technical strategies to achieve immunization of Zero–Doze children at scale in consultation with Project Immunization Advisor and Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Provide overall strategic and technical leadership in the implementation of the REACH project to ensure program efficiency and coherence in implementation to ensure timely delivery of work plans and results to identify and reach ZDC.
- Ensure technical components and high-quality and timely results and reports.
- Be responsible for implementing partners and advise on technical issues.
- Lead project teams (e.g., technical, program, finance, and operational staff) to ensure program tasks, results, and responsibilities are met; staff management includes hiring, supervising, and mentoring project staff.
- Oversee project deliverables, including ensuring report preparation and high-quality timely submission, and ensuring cross-cutting issues are effectively integrated into project implementation.
- Lead emergency preparedness and response for emerging health emergencies in project location in consultation with country SMT and REACH.
Effective project coordination
- Overall responsibility to provide administrative and technical guidance to local implementing partners to ensure effective program delivery and grant compliance.
- Supervises the day-to-day work of staff and oversees project implementation to ensure quality programming.
- Ensures that all management systems, from technical to MEL to finance, actively support timely and accurate project reporting and cost-effectiveness for successful implementation of the project.
Advocacy and representation
- Represent the project in all country-level technical, policy, and programmatic fora at all levels (country, national), externally, and in all relevant IRC’s country-level technical and leadership forums as required to update on and advocate for REACH / ZIP.
- Primary liaison responsible for facilitating communication with external project team members (MOH, GAVI SCMs, GAVI Alliance partners etc), ensuring a high level of coordination while cultivating relationships with all key collaborators (including partner organizations at the national and subnational level) on all administrative and programmatic matters related to the project.
- Liaise with various implementing partners and collaborators, to ensure effective coordination, collaboration, and harmony in the implementation of last-mile immunization of ZDC among the target missed communities.
- Drive project advocacy work among the key collaborators to will political will, plan and prioritize resources for the ZDC and missed communities. Identify and share externally the project’s progress, lessons learned, and standard processes.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Ensure the approach to M&E for the REACH Yemen portfolio is aligned with MEL practices and standards for the REACH project.
- Ensure accurate presentation of data on portfolio progress.
- Work closely with Project MEL lead in tracking progress against targets
- Lead on final review of data components in all reports and presentations
- Responsible for ensuring findings from the REACH Yemen portfolio are documented and disseminated (with support from REACH PMU and IRC Yemen Communications teams)
Grant and partnership management
- Responsible for project compliance: ensure the REACH project is implemented in accordance with IRC policies, procedures, and Gavi rules and regulations with the support of the Country Grants department. This entails socializing on donor rules and regulations, monitoring, advising, and intensifying compliance needs and issues to SMT and PMU respectively.
- Ensure regular project cycle meetings with IRC and partners to assess progress, course correction, reflect on takeaways, and make adaptations from learning.
- Document and disseminate project achievements and lessons learned for adaptive management.
- Manage partnership sub-award process in line with PEERS and in collaboration with the Grants and Partnership department.
- Develop and implement partner capacity-building plans in collaboration with Grants and the partnership department.
- Ensure regular partner monitoring and support visits by the project team across all locations.
- Lead and manage country-level collaboration and work with Global partners.
Implementation and Budget management
- Lead development and implementation of costed project work plans, including budgets and monthly forecasts /spending plans for IRC and partner-led implementation.
- Review and approve country project budgets and expenditures in line with IRC internal and Gavi rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct monthly review of detailed project transactions (General Ledger) and PIM and take actions to course correct.
- Monitor partner implementation and budget utilization and provide appropriate support, including course corrections as necessary.
Human Resource Management
- Plan and facilitate recruitment including retention of project staff in collaboration with country SMT, Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator, and country Human Resource.
- Ensure performance goals and reviews for all direct reports and project staff.
- Ensure staff growth and development (capacity development) through mentorship, job training/Continuous Professional education, formal training, etc in collaboration with the Human Resource Department.
- Build and champion team cohesion through team building and regular opportunities to work together.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities):
Education: MD/RN, RN with Public Health or equivalent with a Master’s/post-graduate degree in Public Health, Public Health Nutrition or equivalent, and training in management.
Work Experience: over 5 years of work experience in health, especially immunization programs; working with government (MOH and/or national programs) leadership and managing projects (implementation, partnerships, M&E, Human resources, and budgets)
Skills and Abilities:
Desirable: Experience in or understanding of immunization programs (national or sub-national immunization planning; capacity building for system strengthening; design of community-focused strategies to increase coverage; use of immunization data for monitoring and decision making; immunization supply chain strengthening, and demand creation)
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل