Nutrition Assistant (Lahj) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Band / Level / Grade: 9 A
Location: Tor-Albaha and Almadareba/ Lahj
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
This position is a support position to the Nutrition staff in the Outpatient Treatment Program (OTP) of the nutrition program, as part of a larger primary health care intervention that includes maternal and child health and environmental health. The Nutrition Assistant supports IRC’s nutrition team in the running of all aspects of the community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) program.
The main role of the nutrition assistant is to support the nurse in tasks related to:
- Screening and registration of patients
- Coordinating nutrition sessions to children below 5 years for sever and moderate of acute malnutrition (SAM&MAM) and pregnant and lactating women.
- Distributing therapeutic foods
- Taking the weight, height and mid-upper arm circumference of new patients
- Collection and compilation of project data information for planning and monitoring of project activities.
- Helping ensure a hygienic and organized work environment
- Give education and consultation to the caregiver about infant young children feeding (IYCF).
- Any other duty related to the Nutrition program as the need arises
- Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition or Medical Assistant , Midwife with experience in Nutrition programs
- One year in INGOs/NGOs experience is preferred.
- Good English is an advantage
- Ability to work in insecure environment and under pressure
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for nutrition, public health and community development work
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل