IT Operation Assistant (SC5) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day
The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Install, configure and maintain all telecom radios system. This includes programming the all VHF handheld radios, VHF base stations, vehicles mobile radios, VHF repeaters and HF CODAN base stations for WFP, UN hubs and security operation centers in Aden and other governorates in compliance with standard operations procedures.
2. Assist in planning and initiating security telecommunication system infrastructure upgrades by proposing new technologies to meet the need of expanding and deploy the security telecommunication system to UN agencies and INGOs.
3. Perform routine deployments of telecom equipment and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of security telecommunication system.
4. Perform routine preventive maintenance on the telecom equipment in all security operation centers on different locations in different governorates.
5. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases of inventory of devices and items to ensure the information is current and well organized. Responsible for updating all ETC assets to ensure all information are accurate and up to date.
6. Assist in conducting technical assessment for the ETC projects by preparing the required diagrams, BoQ, follow up the procurement process, follow up the implementation process to make sure that the ETC projects are implemented within the timeline and according to WFP standards.
7. Respond to a variety of queries about security telecommunication systems to assist WFP to deliver their services.
8. Monitor all ETC connectivity status and bandwidth for all connections in UN ETC guesthouses, UN ETC hubs and INGOs ETC hubs in remote sites.
9. Manage WAN/LAN devices in ETC hubs including Sophos firewall, Mikrotik routers, SonicWall, access points, switches, load balancer, microwave like P2P and other devices.
10. Prepare a full bandwidth report every week and formulate key data indicators to be present for ETC management decisions.
11. Ensure that the ETC Internet connection is always available in the guesthouses and remote areas like the Al-Mukalla UN hub, Al-turba UN hub, Al-Mockha UN hub and INGOs hubs in ZOA and PUAMI. This should be done by continuous monitoring of the LAN devices and respond to any failure immediately.
12. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff has access to required information about ETC services.
13. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of ETC services.
14. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard ETC questions are answered and accurate information is provided to WFP staff and security operation center in UNDSS.
15. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
16. Provide the required IT support in the IT operations as required.
17. Perform any other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related.
Experience: At least four or more years professional relevant work experience (ICT)
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
(NB: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل