HR and Finance Assistant
Job Title: HR and Finance Assistant (6 months renewable according to available funds)
Contract duration: 6 Month
Reporting to: HOFO
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Salary: According to RFY salary scale
Organization & Background:
READ Foundation is an international NGO, registered in UK in 1994, With aim of contributing to alleviating the sufferance of the population of Yemen, Read Foundation established its operations in Yemen late July 2020. Since its establishment, READ Foundation has assisted the affected population with lifesaving interventions in different governorates directly, through local partners and in partnership with local communities.
The position will be based in Aden and will report to the Head of Finance and operations in Yemen. The HR and Finance Assistant is responsible for administrative support related to the HR and Finance for the Country office and other sub offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Adhere to RFY policies, manuals and guidelines.
- Ensure HR documentation, including signed contracts and leave requests, is collected from staff and is archived on a timely basis.
- To provide inputs to regular updates of the HR database in real-time;
- To provide inputs to regular updates of the Annual Leave Register of local staff
- To collect personnel documents and archive them in HR personnel folders, both in hard copies and soft copies
- To coordinate issuing of staff ID cards and business cards;
- To provide support with orientation and induction to newcomers, to ensure induction on HR procedures, RFY Code of Conduct and Key Policies, National Staff Policy, etc.
- Assist with the recruitment process by advertising positions, create longlist, call the candidates and arrange for the test and interviews, prepare of outcome reports and reference checks, onboarding, and staff orientation.
- Preparation of service contracts for casuals and maintaining the service contracts trackers.
- Prepare monthly payroll by compiling and reviewing relevant documents such as attendance sheets, salary advance and payment to relevant government authorities.
- Ensure proper filing of documents as per the RFY standard.
- Follow up with staff medical insurance issues.
- Follow up on submission of completed performance management forms and ensure performance goals are set.
- Updating Social security and Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Line manager responsibility for office cleaners and cooks, including daily follow up, coordination, time management, and others;
- Be able to step in as a liaison officer with governments and authorities where needed (especially on matters of employment, taxation, and immigration);
- Work as a focal point for staff travel arrangements and the principal focal point for the UNHAS flights;
- Implement monthly timesheets for staff, submit corrected timesheets to finance in a timely manner;
- Any other tasks requested by line manager.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with RFY finance policies and regulations
- Review and process payment requests, ensuring that all supporting documents are attached with full and correct budget coding and Donor Reference and with proper authorization.
- Input all transactions to cash, bank books template on daily basis, and check accuracy.
- Prepare cash & bank payment Vouchers and ensure that all cash &bank transactions are properly recorded and documented.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on daily basis, reporting any over/under to the Finance Head of Finance
- University degree in administration or related field
- Excellent Communication Skills
- 1-3 years’ Experience in HR and Finance
- English and Arabic language
- Highly confidential.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Previous experience working for INGO's is preferable.
- Must work independently under difficult condition and limited supervision
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday June 4, 2023
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by sending CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل