FSL Project Assistant
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
Position: FSL Project Assistant
Contract Length: 8 months
SCI Aden area of operations implements food security and livelihoods activities covering responses in the areas of Unconditional Cash Assistance/Transfers (UCA/Ts); Conditional Cash Transfers (CCT); market assessments like labour market assessment to understand the kind of employment intervention to provide; conduct income-generating activities (IGAs); community rehabilitation works and community strengthening activities like – Cash for Work (CfW); and the provision of agricultural inputs to support food and animal productions, etc.
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Project Assistant will support the FSL Officer in the delivery of the following day-to-day activities in the field, with efforts towards addressing food and nutrition insecurity in SCI implementation governorates. S/he will support FSL Officer to - a) contribute to project design activities like field-level assessments; b) project kick-off activities around community mobilisation; c) strong governorates and district-level stakeholders engagements; d) project implementation focusing on beneficiary selection; distribution of materials (cash, livelihoods inputs – like farming inputs, grants, etc); e) implementation of quality controls and technical support to FSL Assistant, and community volunteer structures; f) work closely with MEAL to deliver MEAL outputs; and g) address all community levels issues and risks as they arise.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: FSL Project Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Sensitize local authorities and communities to the project’s objectives, activities, and selection criteria.
- Ensure beneficiary selection criteria are understood by local authorities and community members and that project beneficiaries have been identified according to SCI’s economic, vulnerability and target criteria.
- Assist in running community meetings and workshops in a participatory and inclusive manner, to ensure that project activities are developed in consultation with communities and consider vulnerable groups.
- Conduct trainings with community members or target groups on various topics, as required.
- Collect and maintain lists of all beneficiaries with each project activity, to be input by Data Assistant.
- Under the direction of the FSL Project Officer, provide support with the other Assistant to each project activity according to needs and to ensure timely delivery. Activities may include:
- Conduct beneficiary identification, selection and registration
- Oversee distribution of materials and inputs – e.g cash transfers, farm inputs distributions, etc
- Beneficiaries verification at distribution points.
- Child Protection/Safeguarding: Facilitate training for all staff and beneficiaries on child safeguarding topics.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Verify that the FSL Database Assistant has a complete beneficiary database that is regularly updated.
- Follow-up on feedback from M&E Officer and Accountability Assistants to ensure that all findings are addressed and adjustments made to projects throughout implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and troubleshoot, submitting reports to the Programme Officer.
- Assist in FSL assessments, surveys, data collection, and analysis as required by Project Officers.
- Assist FSL Officers in compiling regular progress reports (narrative and data).
- Any additional tasks as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school certificate is the minimum qualification, but institute diploma or continued education preferred.
- University degree in social science, economics, agriculture, geography or other discipline relevant to Food security and livelihoods.
- Relevant training on the delivery of FSL components - including IGA, VSLS, CTP, etc
- 3 year experience working in Food Security and Livelihoods activities (ex. food/commodity vouchers, food/NFI/cash distributions, vocational skills training, agricultural/livestock projects, etc.) with INGO.
- Strong ability to verbally communicate complex ideas to rural populations (in Arabic).
- 3 year experience working in Community Mobilization activities (ex. extension/outreach work, campaign and awareness raising, thematic promotion activities with communities, gathering people)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Education Project OfficerDeadline:01 Oct | Aden , Lahij
Safety, Security, and government liaison CoordinatorDeadline:01 Oct | Hajjah
Supply Chain CoordinatorDeadline:05 Oct | Hodiedah
Admin & Human Resources AssistantDeadline:03 Oct | Sa'adah