Fundraising Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Location: Sana'a (with regular travel).
- Period: 6-12 months, renewable subject to performance.
- Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a – Yemen.
- Terms: Full-Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day) with field visits to the work sites.
- Classification: Grant Management.
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Job Grade: Third degree.
LMMPO; 17 years of diligent engagement in Yemeni humanitarian and Development undertaking, is now regarded as one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well as development of young people's abilities. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and talents of young people constitutes a passion for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Thus, we have implemented several successful activities and programs that have had a real favorable impact on young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be possible without the support of our teams, donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Fundraising Officer. We are a local non-governmental organization that works towards community development and empowerment in various sectors. This position will play a vital role in securing funds to support our projects and initiatives.
Purpose of Job:
To generate the necessary funds to support the organization's activities and make a positive impact in the community.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Write compelling and effective proposals for potential donors in various sectors, highlighting the organization's objectives, project details, and impact.
- Review and develop donor reports and assist in their preparation, ensuring quality and accuracy, while effectively communicating project progress and results.
- Collaborate with the team to develop fundraising strategies and techniques to diversify funding sources and achieve the organization's financial goals.
- Collaborate with project teams to gather accurate information and data crucial for donor reporting and proposal development.
- Conduct research to identify new funding opportunities and potential donors, staying updated on the latest fundraising trends and techniques.
- Develop relevant donors’ database related to contacts, calls’ calendar for each donor etc.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop effective fundraising materials, including brochures, newsletters, and online content.
- Provide support in coordinating donor visits, meetings, and other communication activities to enhance engagement and partnership.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing donors, keeping them informed about ongoing projects and programs.
- Assist in organizing fundraising events and campaigns, ensuring their successful implementation and maximum impact.
- Carrying out any tasks assigned by the direct supervisor or the executive director within the duties of the position.
Qualifications: Bachelor or preferably Master Degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Communication, International Development, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Proven experience in writing winning proposals for funding from various sources, preferably in the development or nonprofit sector with at least 4 years of experience working in a similar position in UN, INGO, or local NGOs.
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken, with exceptional writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and research skills to identify potential donors and funding opportunities.
- Understanding of project management concepts and ability to review and analyze project reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with donors and maintain positive relationships.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities, with the capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and digital communication platforms.
- Knowledge of donor databases and fundraising software is an asset.
- Passion for community development and a genuine belief in the mission and values of LMMPO.
- High Proficiency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل