Inclusion Agent This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: INCLUSION AGENT
Sector: Inclusion Humanitarian Action
The position is based in Al Mokha
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of the Inclusion Project Supervisor, the Inclusion agent is responsible for raising inclusion awareness at the community level. He/she coordinates with the potential local actors such as government authorities, Disable People Organizations-DPOs or Older People Associations and women groups to further increase the impact of raising awareness on the rights of person with disabilities and factors of discrimination. Based on his/her knowledge at the field level, the inclusion agent provides recommendations for the revision of IEC material to shape them to be adapted as possible to the context specifics and according to the needs of different groups identified. He/she works closely with the Inclusion Technical Specialist and the Technical Officer as well as the Mine Action and Health teams.
Line Manager: Project Supervisor
Line Manager+1: Project Manager
Team Managed: None
Strong functional link with Inclusion Technical Specialist and Technical Officer, MRE and Health teams
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Implementation of activities
- Identify participants for training sessions including both male and female with at least 7-10% representation of person with disabilities
- Participate in the capacity building activities required to deliver the inclusion session in the field
- Give presentations and training sessions to local actors of Yemen especially in the IDP camps and in the catchment population of HI health facilities (Individuals, local NGOs, inclusion focal points/representatives of organizations of people with disabilities, imams in mosques, women’s group, journalists, community leaders, and teachers) on the rights of person with disabilities and local barriers of discrimination.
- Work closely in collaboration with the community and in coordination with the Project Supervisor and the Technical Officer, to develop relevant tools and messages, adapted to the issues faced within the community.
- Disseminate the technical tools, trainings, leaflets and other relevant documents and implement the planned activities among the local organizations and other NGOs (as needed), upon prior validation by the Technical advisor Inclusion and Project Manager
- Provides input on the tools and IEC material for improvement based on field learning
- Identify potential Organization of People with Disabilities-OPDs, Older People Associations-OPAs and Women organizations at the filed level and suggest ways of working with them.
- Fill in all data collection forms on the field and do the data entry in relevant database as per the MEAL guidelines
- Actively participate in internal meetings in preparation for the next weeks planning and discuss activities, issues, ideas
- Follow security and safety procedures as outlined by the project manager.
- Maintain a positive image of Handicap International/Humanity and Inclusion at all times and in all circumstances.
- Report any human resources issues encountered in the field to the Inclusion Team
- Conduct relevant monitoring and evaluation processes under supervision of the field technical advisor inclusion.
- Provides regularly reports on activities implemented.
- Actively participates in team meeting organized by the Project Supervisor, Project Manager or the Inclusion Technical Team
4. Professional Responsibilities
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Distribute the specific items when needed
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Yemen mission takes place in a sensitive environment regarding security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employee commits to observe utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause will lead to disciplinary action and have immediate dismissal as a result.
“All HI Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, HI enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud.”
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mokha, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, remote allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل