Videographer Consultant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Scope of Work
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a multi-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in four governorates in Yemen. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a film comprised of professional, high quality video stories and photographs highlighting the impact of the Yemen Communities Stronger Together Program (YCST) in specified communities across the governorates of Aden, Abyan, Lahj and Taiz. The target audience of the content produced will be the YCST program staff partners, beneficiaries and external audience such as the USAID, and other relevant stakeholders.
PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENT
Under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Director or his designate, the consultant will develop, film, and produce a minimum of three (3) videos stories per quarter, each 3 to 5 minutes in length. The consultant will take high-quality, high-resolution professional photographs during film production and field visits when needed. The consultant will produce videos that provide a general context of YCST intervention and link them to Deep-Time key messages that inspire communities to participate in the YCST project. The below duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive:
- Produce High Definition (HD) videos and photos of interviews with beneficiaries as may be directed by the MEAL Director or his designate.
- Ensure captured videos are fine-tuned and with adequate visibility and audibility.
- Ensure subtitles in English are included in all captured videos.
- Digitalize all captured information on CDs and/or MP4 formats.
- The modalities of how to implement the assignment will further be discussed with the MEAL Director or his designate prior to commencement of the assignment.
YCST will support the selected consultant to achieve high-quality deliverables by the following means:
- Conduct a kick-off/inception meeting with the consultant to ensure a deep, better, and common understanding of the assignment.
- Provide all the relevant secondary information to the consultant for the initiation and
- completion of the assignment.
- Provide regular follow up with the consultant to obtain updates about the on-going work and to provide technical feedback.
- Support the consultant in the identification of content/beneficiaries/projects for the
- Video stories production.
KEY SKILLS FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
The consultant shall have a minimum of four years’ experience in the field of video production. The consultancy requires a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, who can work both independently and collaboratively. The consultant shall have knowledge of video and audio production techniques and knowledge of equipment used for production and editing.
The duration of this assignment is estimated to run over a period of six months with quarterly deliverables starting from 1, September 2021. However, the selected consultant will be required to submit a revised workplan as per actual starting date of the assignment after the kick-off/inception meeting.
YCST retains all ownership of all intellectual property including raw and finalized materials.
- Storyboard for each video
- Fully produced, edited and delivered videos
- All photos and audio messages obtained during the assignment
TERMS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The consultant will provide all necessary filming, production, and post-production equipment. No equipment or software i.e., cameras, computers, movie editing software, etc. will be provided by YCST.
Consultant and YCST will establish a schedule so that itemized invoices are submitted as follows:
Invoice 1: Upon successful delivery of storyboards.
Invoice 2: Upon successful delivery of detailed videos.
Invoice 3: Upon successfully completing all deliverables.
The professional identified for this work assignment bears the cost of travel expenses during the performance of duties. YCST will reimburse travel costs related to this assignment in accordance with Global Communities’ travel policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل