Health Information Management Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Health Information Management Officer (HIMO)
Position: Health Information Management Officer (HIMO)
Reports to: Health Specialist
Duration:Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Health Information Management Officer (HIMO) will manage all data from the targeted health facilities, mobile health clinics and the ADRA community health volunteers/workers (CHVs/CHWs) including database and Health Information System (HIS). The HIMO will provide day-to-day support to Health and Nutrition Officers, Health Care Workers (HCWs), CHVs, concerned staff they deal with HIS and relevant staff based at the clinics, and create weekly, monthly reports and analysis. As part of the Health Sector, the position will provide required support on design and implement new technology to be used in the targeted HFs and the community health daily operation.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Specialist, the HIMO will be responsible for data information management and data analyses, moving forward to improve systems and data collection mechanisms. The HIMO will take a lead in providing technical and IT support for the ADRA health and nutrition-based interventions and community health program to ensure all CHV home visits and associated data are being appropriately monitored and captured, and provide comprehensive analyses to support the, Health and Nutrition Specialists, MEAL and Health and Nutrition Coordinator for the internal and external reporting.
The HIMO will specifically (i) support the country to strengthen national surveillance systems, including monitoring disease thresholds and data collection from peripheral to national levels (ii) support the data needs of the indicator and event based surveillance information received at the country office (iii) undertake data entry, cleaning, validation and simple analyses of data received (iv) ensure efficient archival and collation of records, making sure that systems and web portals are reflecting relevant and up-to-date information.
The “Health Information Management Officer (HIMO)” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Lead the management of the data collection tools such as (DHIS, eIDEWS, Go Data), which comprises the HFs data and all household level data compiled by the CHVs.
- Lead and Management of HIMS components such as (Software, Users, Internal and External Reports) and data Management tools which comprises all clinics beneficiaries data compiled by data management.
- Establish a data extraction or reporting mechanism to give access to the data for creation of information products.
- Collaborate with the Health and Nutrition sectors and Health Cluster/Ministry of Health focal points on data and information management regarding information exchange and harmonization of the data management systems.
- Grant access to all relevant sectors to the data collection platform, including a handover of system administrative functions to Health and Nutrition Coordinator and MEAL Coordinator.
- Conduct an assessment to select targeted HFs for piloting the HIS, the overall requirements and start the implementation.
- Trouble shoot day-to-day issues faced by the health program, including tablet and software assistance and data analysis.
- Ensure quality information management systems and a proper performance of the ICT infrastructure for the health and nutrition, and the primary and community health program.
- Provide support on preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly internal and external technical reports, and works closely with health and nutrition specialists, health and nutrition MEAL to submit correct, timely reports.
- Provide data visualization: Power BI, Tableau and DHIS dashboards, tables, charts, GIS maps.
- Manage the flow of health information and disseminate to the team as needed.
- Provide info management services to support CHV monitoring activities.
- Provide Technical support for health and nutrition officers, HCWs, CHVs and data clerks, in order to build their capacity.
- Create map layouts, map templates, map icons, generate maps, generate reports and ensure that the maps and reports are stored in the database correctly.
- Develop new applications, tools, techniques or methods to improve workflow and train others in their use.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- health informatics Training Certificates.
- Three years of relevant experience in the area of Health Information Systems, directly implementation of HIMS preferably in INGOs.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in data management and analysis in a public health context.
- Experience with deployment, end-user training and operation of electronic systems commonly used in public health (e.g., DHIS2, Go Data, eIDEWS) including creation of data entry mechanisms and extraction of data for analysis.
- Knowledge of public health and epidemiology is a strong advantage.
- Very good knowledge of the assessment, planning, development and implementation of projects and programmes information systems.
- Excellent knowledge of database and data-driven application, development and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and understand how best to visualize data.
- Proven skills and excellent working knowledge in the following information technologies and platforms:
- Go Data
- Knowledge of statistical principles, methods and software packages and data analysis
- Knowledge of priority diseases in Yemen and infectious disease outbreak response experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Reporting Skills are Required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل