Senior Field Officer (1) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Field Officer (1)
JOB LOCATION: Yemen, Taiz
REPORT TO: Senior Project Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 18/02/2024
ABOUT FMF: The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012, even during the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today, we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
- FMF provides a work environment that is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adult beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults' beneficiaries from abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Field Officer is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of project activities in the field. He/She will oversee coordination, monitor progress, and address challenges to achieve desired project outcomes. The Senior Field Officer will build strong relationships with stakeholders and communities, promoting engagement and collaboration. They will provide leadership and guidance to field staff, conduct regular field visits to assess progress and identify issues, and collaborate with project management to develop improvement strategies. Additionally, the Senior Field Officer will support capacity building, prioritize safety and security, and contribute to the overall success of the project.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee day-to-day field operations of the health and Nutrition projects, including coordinating and supervising project activities at the field level, ensuring timely implementation, and addressing any challenges or issues that may arise.
- Coordinate with stakeholders (Governorate Health Office/GHO, District Health Office/DHO, and other implementing partners) at the field level to ensure the smooth implementation of the project.
- Coordinate and liaise with other organizations, partners, and community-based structures operating in the project areas to ensure effective coordination, avoid duplication, and maximize the impact of interventions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local communities, engage community leaders, government authorities, and other relevant actors to ensure their active participation, address concerns, and gather feedback.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Officer at the main office and other project staff to ensure the implementation of activities in compliance with project objectives, guidelines, and quality standards. Provide feedback and support to improve the quality and effectiveness of field activities.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the field-based project team, including Health officers, Nutrition officers, Psychologists, community mobilizers, and other staff. Set clear objectives, provide guidance, monitor performance, and conduct regular meetings.
- Conduct frequent field visits to project sites to monitor progress, assess implementation quality, and identify gaps or issues.
- Identify training needs and provide capacity-building support to field team members.
- Organize and conduct training sessions on project-related topics, ensuring staff have the necessary skills and knowledge to implement activities effectively.
- Organize and oversee the distribution of resources to field sites, ensuring proper documentation and accountability.
- Identify and mitigate project risks at the field level, proactively identify potential challenges, develop contingency plans, and implement risk management strategies to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Regularly communicate with the project management at the main office and other relevant stakeholders, providing updates on field activities, challenges, and progress.
- Collect data and information for monitoring and evaluation purposes and prepare field-specific reports on project activities, achievements, and challenges.
- Contribute to the preparation of project reports, including field-level inputs and recommendations.
- Oversee data collection processes in the field, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data.
- Support the documentation of success stories, case studies, and lessons learned from the field.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, Public Health, or a related medical field.
- 1-3 years of experience in Health and Nutrition Projects.
- Strong project management knowledge and experience in coordination, monitoring, and problem-solving.
- Familiarity with the national MSP and CMAM guidelines and best practices.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in diverse cultural and socio-economic environments.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and community collaboration.
- Resilience and ability to work in challenging field settings.
- Strong problem-solving skills in resource-constrained environments.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل