Finance Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Finance Coordinator Yemen Aden
Role and responsibilities
To ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place in the area level and that NRC’s financial practices and standards are adhered to, and are in accordance with quality and policy requirements from NRC, donors, auditors and local authorities. Finance Coordinator is responsible to provide day to day leadership on implementation of all Finance functions in NRC South. S/he will take an active role in supporting field based finance staff comply with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Implement effective, efficient and transparent finance systems that support the delivery of the Country Strategic Plan and individual projects at area level;
- Ensure adherence to NRC’s financial handbook and procedures, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Manage Finance staff at area level and follow up day to day operations of the finance team;
- Provide Capacity building on financial procedures and contribute to the improvement of the finance function in the area;
- Provide donor financial reports and any other financial management reports as required
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Lead on the financial monthly closing and consolidation of accounting books at area Office level.
- Provide finance verification of purchase and payment request up to his/her authorization limit.
- Ensure effective cash flows, preparing forecast of expenditures and submitting monthly cash requests to Country Office.
- Primary Focal point for Internal, External and Donor Audits.
- Ensure NRC Finance Systems and procedures are adhered at all times.
- In cooperation with ASM, AM and APM, ensure that area office Budget is covered and gaps are monitored and analyzed.
- In cooperation with ASM ensure that salary allocation and Support Costs are updated.
Donor Budgeting and Reporting
- Responsible to closely monitor level of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly Budget versus Actual reports to be discussed with area management team.
- In cooperation with ASM, APM and AM support on the elaboration of budget for new proposals, ensuring that budgeting tools are correctly used and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
- Responsible for the consolidation of Financial Budgeting and Reporting at area Office Level.
Internal Control and Compliance
- Undertake spot checks across the field Offices, to ensure NRC financial procedures are followed and prepare Action Plan upon findings.
- Provide guidance on NRC financial tools are understood and used by non-finance staff in Area through training.
Surge Capacity and Capacity Building
- Develop a capacity building plan for Finance Staff and implement on-the-job training.
- Provide Surge Support to field Offices when required.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Manager, Support Manager and Finance Staff in Area Offices.
- Implementing Partners Finance focal points.
- Programme Unit, APM, project managers/CCs coordinators and Grants Unit.
- Support Unit (Logistics, HR and Compliance).
- Local Donors, Banks and External Auditors.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in a Senior Financial (coordinator and above, with line management responsibilities) position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in the Middle East
- Experience of financial systems and structures development
- Experience of leading Finance units during start-up, exit or emergency response phases of operation
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل