Field Assistant (Health & Nutrition)(2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Deadline: February 12, 2024.
Position: Field Assistant (Health & Nutrition) – Two Positions
Location: Raymah: Kusmah (1) & Mazhar (1)
Reports to: Field Officer (Health & Nutrition)
Duration: From May 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024; Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
Field Assistant (Health & Nutrition) is responsible for coordinating and supervision on health facilities in Mazhar/ Kusmah. The Field Assistant (Health &Nutrition) also will be responsible for scheduling, tracking health workers (HWs) and providing reports to field Officer. The Field Assistant (Health &Nutrition) will represent the organization professionally and positively to enhance and promote the core values and mission of RI, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact. Field Assistant (Health &Nutrition) works under direct supervision of field officers and general supervision of the Field Officer. The position requires a flexible working schedule.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor provision of services in the supported health facilities.
- Follow up with the HFs with any needs (drugs, consumables, staffing, operational costs).
- Coordinate with relevant district authorities, DHOs, GHOs and community leaders to facilitate implementation of the project activities.
- Make sure that projects targets are met by following indicators and activities tracking sheets.
- Daily tracking for projects activities implementation progress and ensuring that quality level of implementation meets international standards.
- Receive, revise and compile the field projects data regularly including narrative reports, statistical reports, case studies, and success stories before submitting them to the Health and Nutrition Officer in due time.
- Identify when technical support is required (sectoral, logistics, finance, reporting, M&E, etc.)
- Conduct follow up field visits and collect success stories achieved during the life of the project.
- Active participation in outreach activities and follow-up of children who are default from immunization and OTP sits.
- Follow-up on the process of stamping drugs delivered by RI (Free paid).
- Follow-up on the process of distribution of hygiene kits (NFI kits) for SAM cases and ensure the distribution process go in correct/smooth process
- Conduct review from the whole documentations of GRN's and donation letters of Medical equipment, Medical supplies, Medications, wash supplies, furniture, lab solutions, hygiene kits and any items that will delivered to HF.
- Follow-up and supervision of health workers regarding sending daily reports and conforming to reliable standards, a clear copy of the daily summary of all services provided records of services for conformity and drug reports that are disbursed to beneficiaries.
- Review all registration books for all services supported by RI in health facilities.
- Work closely with Information Management Officer to collect information about services and the beneficiaries and consumption report for medications and medical supplies.
- Send completion reports on a daily basis to the Information Management Officer after ensuring that they are realistic and conform to reliable standards, (clear copy of daily summary of all services provided, records and reports of medicines disbursed to beneficiaries).
- Support regular health and nutrition program evaluations, rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations onto address them
- Participate and contribute to development of the daily, weekly, and monthly plans and reports
- Maintain detailed records and up to date paperwork for all duties as per agreed upon formats.
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, RI and donors policies.
- Participate in initial assessment missions and distribution/site selections as RI representative
- Verify that beneficiary targeting methodology has been clearly defined and recorded and is adjusted as situation changes to ensure most vulnerable are reached
- Ensure awareness and implementation of appropriate beneficiary/community accountability mechanisms, including responding to Hotline Complaints and community feedback sessions.
- Participate in conducting household visits and running community sessions to carryout Post Distribution Monitoring on partner implementation quality and satisfaction, enter data, and prepare findings for FO.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Diploma degree in nursing or related medical field.
- One-year experience in the field work with health facilities. Working with INGOs/NGOs is an advantage.
- Preferably from the targeted area/district.
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization.
- Proven experience in emergency health and nutrition activities, including field experience in nutrition projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a health and nutrition team.
- Willing and able to work under pressure, in challenging situations, with security risks, and to manage personal stress levels.
- Willing to work extra hours when needed.
- Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
- All staff are expected to abide by the RI Code of Conduct.
- Recruitment to all roles in Relief International includes criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include experience and qualifications checks.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل