Area Compliance Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Area Compliance Assistant-Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Compliance Assistant
Department: Transparency & Compliance
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 4 months
Under the supervision of Area Coordination and the Area Compliance Officer and Country Compliance and Transparency Manager (if any):
1. Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the Area to the Capital office;
- Compile and file all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and program information in the designated project Compliance folder;
- Identify and follow-up on the compliance issues by using the compliance tools and action plans;
- Follow-up on program documentation;
- Prepare and submit a Monthly Compliance Report to capital for each base;
- Perform Investigation of quotes and Invoices (FLA-05) upon the request of the Area Coordination or Capital;
- Follow-up on the flow of documentation and archiving processes.
2. Facilitate the external audit preparation and conduct internal audits
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits where required.
3. Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff in the bases.
- Participate in positive working environment and good team dynamics among Audit staff in the country;
- Ensure that the Audit teams in the country retain all that is distinctive about ACTED including the organizations values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Two to three years of experience in the same field;
- Bachelor Degree in audit, administration or accounting;
- Good computer skills (accounting software and MS Office);
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including report writing skills;
- Rigorous with keen attention to details;
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and internal control mechanisms;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate efficiently;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluency in Arabic and strong English skills required;
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends when necessary);
- Organize personal work load and achieve results in time;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment;
- Ability to communicate with people and create friendly environment.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from ACTED
Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion)Deadline:02 Nov | Lahij , Aden
CFW Sub-Engineer (2)Deadline:02 Nov | Lahij , Aden
Project Assistant (Information Management)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib
Project Assistants (CCCM) (5)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (Shelter & WASH)Deadline:02 Nov | Ma'rib