Protection & Education Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Protection & Education Project Officer (1) - 2022-2023
Location: (Hodeida\ Bajil) with regular travel to other sites.
Period: 14 months, renewable subject to performance.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day), with field visits to the work sites.
Classification: Programs & projects Management.
Expected start Date: 18 of Dec. 2022.
Job grade: - Fourth degree.
LMMPO; 16 years of diligent engagement in Yemeni humanitarian and Development undertaking, is now regarded as one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well as development of young people's abilities. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and talents of young people constitutes a passion for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Thus, we have implemented several successful activities and programs that have had a real favorable impact on young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be possible without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is keen to have a competent candidate to fill the position of Protection & Education project Officer.
Purpose/Scope of the task
The Education in Emergency (EiE) project Officer will be responsible of the supporting the field implementation of the EiE project activities in close coordination with the local authorities and IDPs and the affected host communities and other project components. The purpose of the project is to provide continued access to quality protective education services for school-aged conflict-affected, displaced girls and boys in Bajil district of Hodeida Governorate.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Assist the project manager in the daily supervision tasks in the project sites.
2. Data collection and filing and share information with the project manager for decision making.
3. Monitoring the implementation of work plans directly and with staff and technical specialists, through regular visits to project sites of activities (temporary learning spaces).
4. Develop monthly reports.
5. Ensure the integration of activities with other project components and avoiding gutter resources and rationalize the usage.
6. Organize regular and ad-hoc meetings for the project with the project staff, community committees and other staff of the project components.
7. Coordinate the relevant stakeholders in the field including government agencies and humanitarian actors within the project locations/sites.
8. Daily monitoring and supervision visits for the project sites and report any deviation to the project manager with suggested recommendations/solutions.
9. Represent LMMPO in meetings with the donor, education cluster and other relevant meetings with the local authorities and education offices at governorate and district level beside the project manager or in the case of absence of the project manager.
10. Maintain good communication with the relevant authorities and organize joint visits.
11. Provide technical direction to education team, and ensure quality results.
12. Carry out supervising, mentoring and training sessions to the field team on various educational and protection related concepts.
13. Responsible of compiling and sharing information regarding project implementation with project manager.
14. Assist in reporting progress of the project implementation/services provided to the various clusters on the project activities on monthly basis.
15. Keep project staff committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
16. Ensure humanitarian principles are watched and monitored and protection mainstreaming is considered during project planning and implementation.
17. In addition to preparing the final reports.
18. Closing the project.
19. Carrying out any work assigned to him by the direct responsible for the project.
Qualifications and Skills
Study and Training:
- University Degree in Education management or social sciences or relevant disciplines.
- At 3 - 5 years in project management, preferably experience in NGOs and local NGOs.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in education projects as an Education Project Manager
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of LMMPO.
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of LMMPO.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Speaking & reading& Writing).
- Prior knowledge and experience in using mobile data collection tools for resource-limited settings (i.e., Kobo toolbox) considered a distinguished asset.
- Excellent experience in report writing, both of short briefs and in-depth.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Proven ability of using office project system.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Analytical Skills.
- Management skills.
- Team management and knowledge transfer. (Leadership skills).
- decision making
- Representing the LMMPO.
- Ability to provide recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to achieve planned goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel.
- Computer skills in using (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل