Compliance Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Compliance Coordinator (CC)
Department: Compliance Department
Reports To: Direct reporting to the Regional Compliance Director (RCD), with
Dotted Line reporting to the Chief of Party (COP)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in various governorates in Yemen (Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz and Hadramout). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compliance Coordinator (CC): The CC will provide support to YCST Program to ensure compliance with GC, Donor and Local Government requirements in relation, but not limited to, areas of Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Human Resources and Program Implementation. In particular, he/she will:
- Stay informed of and ensure adherence to GC and donor procedures and policies in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in relevant manuals and regulations.
- Develop and update the Compliance Department plan, in coordination with Regional Compliance Director and other Compliance Department staff.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of GC’s and partners’ systems and internal policies, rules and guidelines, ensuring that these controls offer adequate protection against error, fraud and loss of all kinds. Contribute to the risk identification and assessment processes in the organization.
- Ensure development and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic risk issues, and providing general guidance on how to prevent similar situations in the future.
- Perform Compliance Reviews, according to the approved plan, as well as based on special requests, including but not limited to reviews of procurements, GC’s and partners’ financial records, accounting systems pertaining to fixed and movable assets, performing investigations, conducting process walkthroughs, tests and other types of engagements.
- Summarize results of the review in clear and concise reports with a strong focus on addressing the risks and providing value-added, solution-driven recommendations for management’s follow-up, referencing corresponding policies, guidelines, and outlining recommended corrective actions.
- Lead the Yemen Vetting process in coordination with YCST’s support and program staff as well as GC Headquarters.
- In coordination with supervisor and other Compliance staff, develop and deliver training, capacity building and support to GC staff and/or partners in support of Standards of Conduct, fraud prevention and other areas, to enhance their knowledge and understanding of GC and donor policies and procedures.
- Supervise, coach and train Compliance staff including, but not limited to, Compliance Officer.
- Proactively build and lead effective and practical tracking of compliance initiatives, completed compliance plans and ongoing compliance issues, including development of corresponding tools and other appropriate means.
- Produce timely and accurate regular and ad-hoc reports for management and departmental needs.
- Provide written feedback for GC’s policies, procedures, manuals and other key documents at their development or modification stage, ensuring their alignment with relevant policies and regulations from GC Headquarters and our donors.
- Maintain proper electronic filing system, providing evidence and solid supporting documentation for all compliance reviews and initiatives performed by the department, including high-quality internal workpapers, in line with the existing methodology and tools.
- Ensure solution-oriented approach at all times, discussing results of Compliance Reviews, providing relevant and value-added recommendations, etc.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality and security of entrusted data at all times.
- Any other job related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations as well as local laws.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations, training, and facilitate meetings effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Good command of Microsoft Office Applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration, Economics or any other related field of study. Master’s Degree Preferred and Certification of Internal Audit, or any other related certifications will be an asset.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of progressive experience in the field of compliance, audit, financial management, grant management, internal control evaluation, in similar organizations is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience of supervising staff.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work above normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From July 2021 until April, 2022.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل