WPE Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: WPE Manager
Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
Location: Aden and Abyan Governorates.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the WPE Coordinator and based in Aden , the WPE Manager position will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation, technical mentorship, and quality of a robust WPE prevention and response team of over 25 staff in Aden and Abyan governorates. The IRC is committed to gender equality.
Technical Quality and Grant Management:
- Plan and implement all activities related to WPE programmatic activities including preparation and compilation of work plans for each program component in Aden and Abyan Governorate.
- Lead the systematic identification of communities with poor WPE service coverage and support the expansion of WPE services.
- Work closely with other IRC’s programs to strengthen the multi- sector response to women and girls exposed to risks.
- Provide operational support and mentoring to partners and IRC staff for the implementation of psychosocial support and women related activities.
- Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design
- Manage related grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for multiple projects.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats.
- Manage the relevant project budget; oversee budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable; monitor monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets.
- In coordination with the WPE Coordinator, participate in the development of proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s WPE portfolio.
Recruitment and team management
- Lead with recruitment of new WPE staff including with recruitment requests, contracts extensions, timesheets, services contracts, and other aspects of human resources management.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, encouraging a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Support and supervise field staff and provide regular coaching
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation is in place and followed up regularly.
- Support the application of key PEERs steps including partner vetting, pre-award assessments, partner monitoring and reporting, and implementation of partner support plans.
- Support the assessment of capacity building needs based on observation and assessment of each partner’s base knowledge and capacity in women programming.
- Ensure effective working relationships with local and international partners
- Adapt and facilitate trainings for partners to ensure effective and safe coordination of service provision
- Advocate with peer agencies, government, and other partners to promote delivery of inclusive and high quality response services.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, health, social work or other related field.
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies.
- Familiarity with WHO(CMR) guidelines or IRC (CCSAS) guidelines
- 2-3 years professional experience in protection programming including minimum of 1 year in Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming.
- At least one year of experience mentoring and supervising a team providing direct services to clients /or working at the community level
- Demonstrated experience in starting-up new programming and facilitating trainings.
- Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams to prioritize needs of women and girls
Skills & abilities
- Solid ability to provide leadership, management, team building, coaching, and development for staff.
- English skills needed: Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Self-motivated, transparent, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor
- Based in Aden with 70% travel to field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل