Food Security & Livelihoods Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Officer
Location of position: Taiz, Yemen
Number of vacant positions (1)
(Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply)
I. Presentation of organization
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian NGO which, for more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their vital needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly involved in the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the first cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in around twenty countries, SI's teams - 2000 people in total made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers - work with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultures.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. Since then, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established offices in Taiz and Al Mokha and Marib Governorate
Objectives of the mission for 2023 is to build on its Emergency Response capacity to expand in hard-to-reach areas, and develop qualitative interventions responding to emergency and protracted needs, while enhancing resilience
The position will be based in Taiz City, Yemen.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
Under the direct supervision of the Line Manager and the overall management of the Food security and Livelihood Program Manager, the FSL Officer will implement, monitor and report FSL activities, ensuring that Solidarities International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
He/she will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity, and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarities International always.
List of main tasks:
Implementation & Supervision of FSL Activities:
- Under the supervision of the Line Manager, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of activities.
- Take part in the identification of sites and stakeholder mapping where work is to be carried out.
- Carry out technical assessments of identified sites and make recommendations for appropriate tailored interventions.
- Train daily workers and other hired skilled laborers.
- Allocate tasks and supervise the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the Line Manager.
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates.
- Provide the Line Manager with requests regarding material, tools, or service needs on a regular basis according to the needs.
- Produce with the supplier the Quality and Quantity check at the end of each work to release payment using SI’s internal tools.
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities and ensure the best use of available resources.
- Organize, plan, and supervise community participation.
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the Line Manager by collaborating with the logistics department.
- Report to the Line Manager, or in absence, to the Program Manager on the state of ‘Field’ stock on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors.
- Take part in the technical follow-up of activities and provide technical support to beneficiaries.
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population.
- Provide capacity building training to beneficiaries according to the requirement of activities and implementation methodologies.
- Carry out any related office work such as data entry requested by the Line Manager.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarities office accessible to his/her Line Manager and or Program Manager.
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the Line Manager.
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying out of activities and to project objectives when requested by the Line Manager or Program Manager.
- Report to the Line Manager on the progress of the activities he/she oversees according to Solidarities International reporting template.
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarities programs or safety issues.
- Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarities.
- Under the support of his/her Line Manager analyzes the humanitarian situation by considering protection issues/Do No Harm to the population.
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
- Take part in updating activities implementation methodology/SoPs.
- Represent Solidarities International at local level when requested by the Line Manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager:FSL Deputy Program Manager
Line report(s) on base:
Functional report(s): -
III. Profile required
- bachelor’s degree in animal husbandry /veterinary science or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in animal production and health
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience in working with local communities and stakeholders.
- Strong technical skills in food security and livelihood activities and programming related to animal husbandry.
- Proactive, organized, and able to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to identify problems and suggest creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل