Data Management Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: Data Management Officer
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months, Fixed Term
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Data Management Officer is responsible for develop, implement and manage information management system for data collected under MEAL activities for all programs in the field office. S/he plays a key role in acquiring, validating and analyzing data received from a range of sources and prepare internal reports. S/he assists in developing methodology and guidance documents in information management; facilitating information exchange internally within SCI programs; S/he will work closely with SCI staff (and partners), by providing training and coaching on data collection methodologies/tools.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Data Management Assistant.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist in setting up simple systems to manage information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints & accountability database and provide the necessary reports.
- Maintain and ensure MEAL data management system are timely, accuracy and validation of data.
- Ensure tools are used to collect timely data for all projects in consultation with MEAL Coordinator.
- Ensure timely and accurate entering data to IMPACT system.
- Assist when required to develop MEAL databases within a framework of M&E plan.
- Provide assistance in programming surveys using Kobo Toolbox.
- Monitoring data uploading in KOBO server: ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables.
- Support the design and validation of data collection tools (forms, questionnaires, etc.) and processes (assessment, monitoring, evaluation), and related data analysis plans.
- Designing, updating, Cleaning, Maintenance and backing up of various databases.
- Maintain correct and up-to-date data and relevant records in soft and hard-copy files ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data and records.
- Support data analysis and contribute in producing reports in various formats including graphs, charts, draft reports, .. etc.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
- Conduct regular data quality assessment
- Conduct training on data collection processes and overall data management activities
- Analysis quantitative and qualitative data according to the MEAL priorities.
- Working on means of verification, scanning and archive the documents
- Support in conducting and implementing MEAL Activities
- Perform other duties when required.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer, Statistics or relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience on data management and data security for NGOs.
- Experience in designing smart survey using KOBO.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Excellent English language and report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Database Management System, SPSS, Power BI.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, such as child participation, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Policy, Advocacy, Campaign Director (Re-Advertised)Deadline:21 Aug | Sana'a
Child Protection CoordinatorDeadline:19 Aug | Ibb
Environmental and Social Safeguarding Officer (ESSO)Deadline:20 Aug | Ibb
Humanitarian Operations ManagerDeadline:18 Aug | Sana'a
Health & Nutrition Program ManagerDeadline:19 Aug | Hajjah