Finance Reporting Coordinator
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child-safe organization by fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and improve their living standards of the child.
Position: Finance Reporting Coordinator
Location: Country Office
Contract Length: 1 year
The post holder will be responsible for finance reporting activities throughout the life cycle of grants/projects. This includes providing business partnering services to the program implementation team and other key departments when:
1) Producing and submitting high-quality donor financial reports for all projects.
2) Verify project expenditure and make sure that all transactions are fully compliant.
3) Budget monitoring and award reviews for projects.
4) Producing financial analysis for project staff including analysis of variances and mitigation measures.
5) Preparing the BvA Analysis and presenting and elucidating it during the monthly awards review meeting. This is a business-facing role, which requires close interaction with members, donors, partners, regional office, and Country & Field Offices.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Finance Director.
Staff reporting to this post: Country Finance & Reporting Officer
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: Save the Children works throughout Yemen with 8 field offices, approximately 700 staff, and expenditure of USD 70-80 million annually.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Budgeting and Reporting Roles:
- Ensure accounting systems, policies, internal controls, and procedures are established for the collection of accurate, complete, and timely financial data. (E.g. Budgets, forecasts, expenditures, Budget Loaders, Master budget practice and preparations, commitments, and delegation of authority)
- Provide necessary checks and balances to ensure money is spent effectively, efficiently, and in line with donor requirements in order to produce high-quality donor financial reports.
- Keep track and monitor donor expenses to ensure that they are appropriately captured in the accounting system to their respective project codes and approved budgets.
- Keep track and monitor in-country donor income and make sure all income is requested and received on a timely basis.
- Prepare management financial reports (BvA) for budget holders/program managers to monitor budgets on a regular and timely basis.
- Provide advice/training to budget holders on budget management, monitoring, phasing, and forecasting.
- Regularly provide financial information to program staff in an easy-to-understand format and work with them on how to share this information with donors and partners where necessary.
- Ensures that all expenditures are correctly charged under the respective donor budget lines and closely monitors its spending and eligibility to the donors.
- Prepare adjustment journals and ensure they are posted in a timely manner before producing the donor financial reports.
- Ensure all donor requirements are complied with and other proposals and reports are submitted on time.
- Advice on how best to utilize the program-funding portfolio with a special focus on fixed costs.
- Prepare donor financial reports with due accuracy and ensure timely submission.
- Build and maintain a relationship with local representatives of donor organizations and finance staff of a similar organization.
- Ensure all awards/grants are audited as per donor rules and regulations and assist throughout its process for smooth completion
- Support budget holders with identifying and posting cost reallocations.
- Ensure that grants that are coming to an end follow the required grant closeout process and that financial risks are mitigated
Master Budget and Forecasts:
- Providing technical input to the master budget process. This is intended to facilitate proactive decision-making concerning mitigating financial gaps. Identify funding sources and gaps, generate salary allocation sheet for the remainder of the year
- Working with the program implementation team to phase their project expenditure and provide accurate phasing templates with clean formulas and easy-to-digest formats.
- Upload phasing budgets to Agresso to produce BvA reports that match with the Fund Summary and Phased Budgets from the Budget Holders.
- Work with the CO Finance Manager on Salary Allocations and make sure that projects have clear charging protocols in line with the LOEs.
- Updating Non-Staff Funding Tracker Information and Costing with Field Managers to get the true cost of our business in each location.
Scheme of Delegation:
- Ensure the Scheme of delegation is updated with all the necessary changes and shared with all staff for implementation.
- Training Staff in the Country Office and the Field Offices on financial management matters and CAM
- Technical Support lead for CAM and ER in the Country Office including being part of ER and CAM Champions in the Country Office – Makes sure all mapping is completed for awards – like Fringe suppressing, CAM Mapping, Premises Mapping.,
- Agresso Training, lead Agresso training in the Field Office Finance Staff, ensuring the country have the right Capacity of Agresso users.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BA Degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline.
- Chartered accountants (CPA, ACMA, ACA, and ACCA) strongly recommended.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within a finance department.
- Strong knowledge of USAID Programs and Financial Requirements.
- Strong team player
- Experience in finance reporting throughout the lifecycle of grants/awards
- Experience in coaching and capacity building of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and WORD; Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Understanding Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values will be beneficial.
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Experience working in an emergency context.
- Understanding of major donor compliance regulations.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
GFFO Final Evaluation ConsultantDeadline:28 Nov | Hodiedah , Hajjah
MEAL Officer – Real project World Bank (WB)Deadline:29 Nov | Ibb
MEAL data collectors Incentive worker (36)Deadline:28 Nov | Sa'adah
Director of Staff Safety Access and LiaisonDeadline:29 Nov | Sana'a
Finance & Admin AssistantDeadline:03 Dec | Hadramout