Environmental Health Officer
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Environmental Health
Location: Al Dhale’e
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC seeks to accompany people on their journey from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of Environmental Health Manager, the EH Officer position is a junior level management position (Based in Al Dhale’e) that involves planning, management and supervising the accurate implementation of the Emergency WASH Response in targeted areas. The position requires the supervision of, local contractors and labors, construction of activities outsourced to private contractors as well as the accurate managing of the financial, material, and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors. They will work in close coordination with community health team to ensure hygiene promotion activates are coordinated with WASH targets.
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity plan in conjunction with the EH manager.
- Coordinate with local authority in his intervention areas.
- Conduct detail technical assessment to water supply and sanitation facilities to be rehabilitated or constructed; prepare bills of quantities and specifications, and raise PRS for goods, services or works.
- Develop supervising tools for contract management in coordination with WASH program manager.
- Supervise the rehabilitation or newly construction of the water supply and sanitation facility.
- Supervise and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and send weekly regular progress reports.
- Work with communities and pertinent partners in rehabilitation or construction the WASH facilities.
- Coordinate with health team for delivery of hygiene promotion services.
- Establish/activate and facilitate the training of water management committee/group to ensure to accurate management of WASH facilities.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required.
- Performs another task as requested by the Manager and EH coordinator.
- Closely work with Health unit to ensure that the mobile clinics and health facilities have regular access to safe water and sanitation facilities.
- Closely follow up and work closely with supply chain unit in timely procurement, selection, and inspection of EH goods and services.
- Collaborate closely with Finance Unit in budget preparation and utilization.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Degree in Civil or Water Resource Engineering or another relater engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in construction or rehabilitation/maintenance of Water Supply schemes in preferably emergency water supply interventions.
- Proficient spoken and written Arabic and knowledge of English.
- Tried supervisory skills. Digital literacy in standard software’s (Word, Excel). Knowledge of engineering software’s (AutoCAD) would be an asset.
- Shown ability to handle workloads and to work under stress in remote area.
Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and makes sure policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Applicants from Al Dhale'e Governorate are encouraged to apply.
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: May 24, 2022. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, May 24, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Supply Chain ManagerDeadline:02 Jun | Aden
Client Responsiveness and Accountability AssistantDeadline:23 May | Al-Dhala'e
Communication and Media OfficerDeadline:24 May | Aden