Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL launches the internal /and external recruitment of a Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager (FSL PM)
Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager (FSL PM)
(Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply)
PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian NGO which, for more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their vital needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly involved in the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the first cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in around twenty countries, SI's teams - 2000 people in total made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers - work with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultures.
Solidarités International (SI) is determined to prevent and fight all type of abuse – all act of exploitation, abuse and/or sexual harassment (SEAH) against members of beneficiary communities or collaborators, fraud, corruption, violation of persons and/or property, funding of activities harmful to human rights – that could be perpetrated in the frame of its interventions. SI implements a zero-tolerance policy regarding acts of SEAH.
Solidarités International is an equitable employer committed to find all forms of discrimination. SI will ever ask for any remuneration to take part in a recruitment process.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
MISSION / OBJECTIVES
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Program Manager oversees implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals. He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
Project relevance, quality, and design
- Contribute to establishing assessments.
- Contribute to define Solidarités International’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation missions.
- Propose a technical approach and a financial, human, and logistical scope for the programs to be implemented
- Write the technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals.
- Implement activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarités International’s technical requirements and the financial donors’ criteria.
- Evaluate the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual developments and the populations’ needs
- Propose adjustments to the programs, if necessary
- Ensure that the programs under his/her supervision achieve the required results
- Ensure that program objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
- Participate in building the FSL teams’ abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Plan activities and cycles for FSL (hiring, purchasing, etc.) in the light of established objectives
- Use the project management, monitoring, and evaluation tools for FSL, particularly the planning and monitoring timeline
- Propose and implement quality criteria and monitoring indicators for FSL program
- Support and advise to the base’s logistical department for the purchase of specific materials for FSL activities
- Plan and supervise the FSL program implementation he/she oversee, being sure to meet deadlines and adhere to predefined technical specifications
- Supervise and provide support for the FSL Team; monitor and evaluate the implemented FSL activities
- Anticipate any issues linked to carrying out the FSL activities and help to resolve any problems related to the FSL activities
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the FSL depending on contextual and indicator developments
- Working with the administrative department, contribute to developing budgets relative to his/her program and monitor expenses and budget forecasts
- Working with given deputy Program manager / Team Leader, draw up requirement statuses and cash flow needs.
- Use the capitalization tools proposed by Solidarités International
- Participate in the centralization and distribution of procedures, guides and tools linked to the FSL activities
- Capitalize on intervention methods and techniques and on the experiences acquired by Solidarités and other participants in the FSL activities
- Write handover reports before the end of his/her contract and send it to the appropriate persons on the mission and at headquarters
- Participate in validating the hiring of national technical staff for activities
- Define the prerequisites for opened FSL positions together with the administrative department; adapt existing job descriptions if required
- Greet and brief the expatriates and new National Staff working on the program
- Identify and pass on any training needs for FSL teams
- Set up technical training depending on FSL operational needs and identified training requirements
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Lead work groups and thematic meetings
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his/her direct supervision
- Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision
Reporting / communication / representation
- Pass upward to the relevant persons any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact Solidarités activities and the safety of the teams
- Draft FSL reports and any annexes relating to specific activities for the financial donor reports and/or amendments
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and in the correct format
- Maintain a local operational communications network and good relations with local and government authorities, financial donor representatives, UN agencies and other international agencies
- In his/her assignment area, represent Solidarités International’s at meetings or forums concerning the FSL activities
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- Reply to headquarter information requests regarding specific needs
- In collaboration with the FSL coordinator, prepare the administrative documents (MOU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities, or partners
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field coordinator/Base manager
Line report(s) on base: Deputy Program Manager and FSL Team Leader
Functional manager: FSL Coordinator
Functional report(s): -
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as PM or minimum of 2-3 years of senior-level professional experience in a deputy position designing, implementing, and managing food security and livelihood projects in complex, resource-constrained environments.
- Familiarity with the Socio-Economic context and livelihoods challenges of Yemen is highly desirable.
- Proven expertise in assessing food security needs, livelihood systems, and resilience-building strategies.
- Strong understanding of gender-sensitive and community-driven approaches to development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise and proven experience in team management
- Willingness and ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability to new context of intervention/new interlocutors
Language: Excellent English level (written and spoken)
IT: Sound Knowledge of the Office pack (word, excel, PowerPoint) is required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل