Security Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Provide support as part of the Yemen security management system (by working closely with Humanitarian Program Coordinator, Program Managers, along with Security Manager) for Oxfam staff in the deployment area to ensure that security system is on place, developed, implemented, monitored, and reviewed; security of staff and programmes are robust and consistent with Oxfam policies, standards, and requirements. The role will liaise and coordinate with relevant stake holder to maintain good relationship and facilitate smooth implementation of Oxfam humanitarian activities.
This is an important role in keeping those working for Oxfam safe. The Security Coordinator is expected to be a role model, committed to Oxfam Values, Standards and Policies, supportive and business Partner.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Safety and Security Analysis of the deployment area (working closely with the location HPC, PMs in the area along with Security Manager in Sana’a).
- Support the development and maintenance of a comprehensive context analysis and risk assessment.
- Ensure and Maintain continues contacts with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors (formal and informal) to ensure gathering of reliable security information.
- Undertake regular and ad hoc safety and security assessment missions as requested, to gather information and to analyse the overall security situation in existing and potential areas of intervention or offices’ buildings or other accommodation locations.
- Support and advise the area management on developing and maintaining the security management system to the context and area of operations that includes a security management strategy (including detailed acceptance strategy) and plans which allows for the continuous updating of security measures.
- Work with the area management as well as the Security Manager in developing and updating location specific Plans, SOPs, and guidelines as required.
- Advise and support the HPC, Security Manager and management team regarding the implementation of security management system.
- Ensure the security management system is in line with existing Oxfam security policy, Risk Management policy, protocol, and approach.
- Support the HPC, Security Manager and other senior staff to manage security incidents in the area.
- Provide incident/ crisis management support to senior management for response, reporting and analysis.
- Provide guidance and support to Security Focal Points at field level as required.
- Ensure that the supporting departments (HR, Administration and Logistics) to have in place an appropriate system to facilitate good security management.
- Maintaining afunctional and reliable security reporting systems and ensuring that all security reports are disseminated at a timely manner.
- Conduct security audits on materialistic equipment/ infrastructure at area and field level to meet Oxfam security minimum standards.
- Establish and maintain security communications trees in the area and support development and maintenance of trees in the field locations.
- Development and review of area level security management systems with support to field offices to ensure area specific procedures are in place and followed by all staff.
- Support area management staff in identifying the security learning and development needs of staff.
- Collaborating with CSM to conduct required security training where mandatory/ and delivering additional refresh training if needed or appropriate at area/ field levels.
- Ensure that the Welcome Pack is updated regularly and contains relevant security information.
- Collaborating with CSM to make sure last version of SMPs and Welcome Pack at area levels is placed on Box for all staff to access.
- Deliver appropriate security briefings and inductions to staff and visitors as requested.
- Ensure that an appropriate system is in place to provide security information to travellers in advance of their departure/ sending advisory emails occasionally.
- Build the capacity/ work closely with the security officers, and security focal points who will take on his/her tasks during absence.
- With local stakeholders such as government, (I) NGO’s, ISAO, UN, partners, communities to share and exchange information.
- To represent Oxfam GB in security meetings as delegated by Humanitarian Program Coordinator, or Security Manager and share reports accordingly.
- With Humanitarian Program Coordinator, Program Managers, Country Security Manager, and senior management staff to inform and co-ordinate on security issues.
- With Security Focal Points and other relevant staff to ensure that security management system complements the programme and advocacy activities and vice versa.
- With the relevant support staff to ensure that all logistical, financial, IT, HR and administrative elements of the security management system are well implemented.
- Manage security communications tree and daily text checking in the area.
Coordination and Liaison:
- Build strong relationship with the relevant authorities and key actors in the area and coordinate meetings as required.
- Coordinate and liaise with the relevant authorities and partners to facilitate staff movement and programs implementations in the intervention areas.
Your commitment to Oxfam
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
What we are looking for
Our next Security and Liaison Coordinator will need to meet the follow requirements:
- Substantial field experience in safety and security management in complex environments with UN, INGOs, NGOs (relief or development) or private sector.
- Considerable practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN, INGOs or NGOs humanitarian operations.
- Proven experience of field-based training and properly trained Security Personnel.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to advise and support local, national, and international field staff in a consultative manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities. Must be organised and efficient.
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender in security management.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Ability to travel to different locations in the area and willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
- Committed to Oxfam principles.
- Working knowledge and ability to speak fluently English and Arabic.
- Working knowledge of software packages and mobile systems.
- Ability to conduct or co-facilitate training sessions for national staff and security officers.
- Have an intense understanding on the security situation and context within the area.
- Have any qualification certificate related to safety and security.
- At least minimum of 3 years of work experience as security senior staff in similar context and for UN, INGOs/NGO.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in humanitarian context, to act as key contributor to Oxfam humanitarian response in Yemen, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل