Junior Cash Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Junior Cash Management Assistant
Reports to: Finance Assistant
Contract Type: Internship Contract
Duration: Till August 19, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Being employed by the Adventist Development and Relief Agency requires personal commitment to its mission and lifestyle. The holder of this position will reflect in their personal and professional life, the ADRA values, as referred to in the ADRA Policies.
The “Junior Cash Management Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist with Managing petty cash and replenishments
- Assist in preparation of daily cash report reflecting cash inflow and outflows.
- Assist in preparation of petty cash report and reconciliations as required.
- Assist in preparation of write and issue checks.
- Making Paid Stamp, Photocopying, Scanning all the payments and supporting documents
- Frequent field visits for Issuing stipends/allowances to volunteers & trainees (in Aden, Abyan, Lahj and Al-Dhalea’a).
- Submitting clearances with complete supporting documents timely.
- Ensure that all payment requests are approved according to the appropriate authorization level and that they have complete supporting documents.
- Follow up with project staff advances to ensure that the advances are cleared within the required working days.
- Maintains cash security by following internal controls and accounting processes.
- Translates Expenditure Report Supporting Documents (invoices/receipts/requests/delivery notes /others) into English.
- Assist in verifying vouchers received from vendors for specific projects.
- Follow our organization established accounting processes.
- Support Project and Finance team on all payment related issues.
- Keep in high Confidentiality all the information related to his/her position and the information accessed in virtue of his/her position in the organization.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- One year of direct experience in Junior Cash Management Assistant positions, preferably in humanitarian NGOs.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- English and Arabic Languages (Writing and speaking) are required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل