Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Al-Dhale’e, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates through direct programming and through local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection and Women Protection and Empowerment.
Scope of Work:
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant (CRA Assistant) under the supervision of a CRA Officer will support the implementation of feedback channels that are suitable to clients and program teams. These will include supporting community engagement and information sharing meetings, client satisfaction surveys, Focus group discussion and reactive feedback channels (suggestion boxes and a phone line). The CRA Assistant will also be responsible for recording and monitoring feedback and ensuring that clients are informed about the decisions taken by the IRC in a timely manner.
Position Reports to: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
Position directly supervises: No one
- Collect client feedback through various channels that IRC installs including community meetings, surveys, discussions, phone lines, suggestion boxes, SMS among others.
- Regularly update the feedback registry on a routine basis and raise cases including breach of IRC code of conduct, allegations of child abuse or sexual exploitation and other major programmatic complaints.
- Receive, record and classify complaints for attention and refer to the CRA Officer.
- Facilitate the preparation of CRA logistics before field visits e.g., data collection tools, promotional materials etc.
- Ensure accurate and confidential filing of Clients Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) documents including client feedback, questionnaires, reports, datasets among others.
- Receiving, recording, classifying and routing complaints for attention.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
- Analyze and communicate data in a way that facilitates effective decision making.
- Proactively engage with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point.
- Driven and able to balance multiple tasks, commitments, and to work flexibly in a team.
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm, and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems.
- xperience with refugees and/or IDPs and understands the feedback channels preferred by displaced people.
- Experience in implementing feedback channels. These may include surveys, Focal Group Discussions (FGD), hot lines, suggestions boxes, open feedback etc.
- Passionate about humanitarian work and assistance.
The position will be based in Al-Dhale’e with frequent visit to field sites in Al-Dhale’e and Lahj.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: May 23, 2022. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, May 23, 2022.. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل