Project Coordinator (Health and Nutrition) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project # / Name: Taiz Health and Nutrition
Position Title: Project Coordinator (Health and Nutrition)
Duty Station: al-Turbah Taiz with travels to Aden as requested
Position End Date: December 2022 (extendable)
Reports To: Health and Nutrition Program Manager
The Health and Nutrition (H&N) Project Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for implementing the H&N activities in targeted governorates, namely Taiz and/or Aden. The PC will be responsible to oversee H&N assessments in the targeted areas, then implementation of project activities as determined by the assessment results.
- Staff Oversight: The PC is responsible to supervise H&N support staff, including monitoring work plans, performance, leave, training, etc.
- Assessment Implementation: The PC is responsible to collect and compile data in an organized fashion so it can be understood by the organization.
- Work with the H&N Program Manager to conduct assessments in project target areas.
- Work with the H&N Program Manager to interpret data and make practical application suggestions based on the data.
- Project focal point for liaising with local and district stakeholders and authorities.
- The PC should understand how humanitarian clusters work and be able to operate within that framework.
- Assess, manage, and report concerns of local authorities and beneficiaries.
- The PC is responsible to communicate regular progress updates (daily, weekly, monthly) via phone and written report (email).
- Project Implementation: Work with the H&N team to implement the project in a timely manner.
- Meet with operations/logistics and finance monthly regarding procurement plans
- Follow-up with logistics staff to ensure that purchase requests are processed in a timely manner
- Assist logistics to procure materials required for the project activities providing detailed information and maintain/supervise inventory records
- Provide other administrative or logistical support as needed
- Assist in facilitating payments with Finance. Ensure review of cash advance requests and submit field expense reports (FERs) according to good stewardship principles and SP policies.
- Work with the H&N Program Manager to develop curriculum and materials to accompany project activities.
- Work with H&N Program Manager to establish and implement monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems for project activities.
- Provide information and input for future potential programming development (proposal and budget creation).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Needed
- Professional health care license (MD, RN) from a certified, licensed college or university
- Three to four years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Experience in the Health care setting
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay in the field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
- Computer literacy
- Must maintain active license to practice relevant professional medical specialty in Taiz for the entire duration of contract
- Experience working with other INGOs is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to acquire, build and maintain positive working relationships
2. Must be able to manage staff.
3. Ability to teach and train H&N concepts to other people
4. Ability to interact well with people of different educational, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
6. Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
7. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
8. Levelheaded and calm demeanor; ability to be flexible to adapt to a frequently changing work environment
9. Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
10. Willing to travel as required
11. Must have high level of integrity and stewardship
12. Committed to the values and ethics of Samaritan’s Purse
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 kilograms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be exposed to loud noises around maintenance and construction workshops.
2. Frequent travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
3. Able to work in a security context that is fluid.
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All Organization staff are expected to demonstrate flexibility and willing to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Deadline: 30 Aug. 2022