This position is based in Aden, Yemen. This position may require periodic travel outside Aden if required.
Based in Aden, the Bookkeeper is responsible for assisting the accountant in planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the project accounting system and for maintaining an accounting database for Yemen Stability Fund (YSF) programme. In addition, he/she is responsible for collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination to the Chemonics home office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the following illustrative tasks:
- Maintain a proper accounting department, checking the project’s internal control system to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to, including:
- Prepare checks, receipts, and journals
- Conduct regular visits to the Bank to process the Bank transfer letters and get any required docs from the Bank.
- Review all accounting records for accuracy and legitimacy
- Verify all payments before approval by the YSF Team Leader
- Enter data entry of all approved vouchers into ABACUS (the Chemonics Field Office accounting system)
- Review cash balances daily, prepare wire transfer requests
- Ensure that payroll forms are accurate and fully completed on time monthly
- Prepare payroll.
- Prepare cash reconciliation at the end of each month to close the month’s books, and submit it to the home office
- Maintain ABACUS and prepare monthly project locals according to project guidelines
- Manage petty cash, including verification and review of petty cash payments for accuracy, legitimacy, and reconciliation of remaining cash with the Operations and accountant whenever replenishment is required
- Track vendor ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff ensuring that outstanding travel advances are settled before issuing new advances
- Maintain communication and coordination with the home office accounting unit
- Helping in auditing and providing the auditor with information as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the accountant to achieve the work’s goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field preferred
- A minimum of two years of bookkeeping experience
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, and charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Abacus or QuickBooks is necessary
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic required
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with the willingness to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Openness to different contexts and cultures.
- Ability to step back and analyze.
- Critical thinking.
- Flexibility, patience, diplomacy.
- Rigor and professionalism.
- Autonomy, versatility, adaptability.
- Honesty and rampancy
- Respect for confidentiality.
The Bookkeeper will report to the accountant and YSF Senior Management
How to Apply
The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
Please send your Cover Letter and resume/CV to email@example.com . Finalists will be contacted.
Clearly mention the job title in the “Subject” of your e-mail!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل