Nutrition Field Officer (1) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
POSITION TITLE: Nutrition Field Officer (1)
JOB LOCATION: Yemen, Taiz
REPORT TO: Senior Field Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 18/02/2024
ABOUT FMF: The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) has been operating in Yemen since 2012, even during the most dangerous peak of the conflict in the region. Our staff of dedicated professionals and passionate volunteers are the helping hand that delivers aid from local and/or international partners to those who require it the most, in a country that was already suffering before the war. Today, we have helped humanitarian aid reach the hands of more than 9 million vulnerable people in Yemen to help them not only to survive but also to rebuild their lives. We aim to provide a comprehensive approach to providing aid through interventions, which is why we work in almost all sectors of international emergency relief.
- FMF provides a work environment that is free of sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, and all forms of harassment and abuse of the foundation.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children and adult beneficiaries are allowed to join our organization so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children and adults' beneficiaries from abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Nutrition Field Officer works under the direct supervision of the Senior Field Officer and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating Nutrition activities in the targeted districts. Ensuring the delivery of quality Nutrition services and providing technical support to the staff of health facilities and community volunteers.
POSITION DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Senior Field Officer to plan, implement, and monitor nutrition activities in compliance with project objectives, guidelines, and standards.
- Implement project activities according to the proposal, work plans, and guidance from the line supervisor.
- Coordinate and collaborate with local health authorities, GHO/DHO, and stakeholders for effective and smooth project implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- Ensure CMAM and IYCF programs are implemented adhering to international standards and national guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress, identify challenges, propose solutions, and provide regular field updates on activities and outcomes to the line supervisor.
- Assist in the management of nutrition programs, including Community Outreach, OTP, TFC, and IYCF, by offering technical support, conducting training sessions, and facilitating capacity building for field teams and MoPH health care workers.
- Provide regular technical support to Health Workers, CHNVs, and community service providers to facilitate the effective implementation and reporting of CMAM and IYCF activities. Provide guidance, on-the-job training, mentorship, and supervision to ensure accurate nutrition commodities, medicines, registers, and records in targeted health facilities.
- Take direct responsibility for the smooth implementation of nutrition and health technical services in the Therapeutic Feeding Center (TFC) according to national Protocols, while overseeing the daily operations of the TFC.
- Ensure the continuous availability and optimal functioning of essential equipment, drugs, and consumables in the TFC. Anticipate potential shortages in advance and promptly request necessary supplies to prevent any disruptions in patient care.
- Ensure strict adherence to infection prevention and control (IPC) protocols, medical waste management policies, medication administration, and storage procedures, as well as controlled substance regulations among all staff. This adherence should align with national guidelines and international standards.
- Collaborate closely with the TFC team to ensure the availability and quality of food/meals for caregivers during their stay in the TFC.
- Ensure adherence to established referral systems between the Community, OTP, and TFC, promptly reporting any issues to the line manager.
- Engage project beneficiaries and community members throughout all project stages, including establishing a feedback mechanism.
- Technically support Health Workers and CHNVs in the targeted health facilities and community to prepare all weekly and monthly nutrition reports, collection, compilation, and submission to the line supervisor in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit quarterly project success stories to showcase achievements and the project's impact.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports, and technical materials.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine, Public Health, or a related medical field.
- 1-3 years of experience in Health and Nutrition Projects with strong technical knowledge of public health principles, guidelines, and best practices.
- Previous training in IPC, CMAM, and TFC is preferred.
- Experience in conducting training for healthcare workers.
- Previous experience in coordinating with GHO, DHO, clusters, and community committees and leaders.
- Strong reporting skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are highly preferred.
- Problem-solving skills in resource-constrained environments.
- Proficiency in using MS Office.
- Excellent English and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل