Project Coordinator (Health and Nutrition) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Project Coordinator (Health and Nutrition)
Location: Shabwah (with frequent filed visits)
Reports to: ECHO Program Manager
Note: This position is opened for Yemeni National only
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the technical supervision from the ECHO Program Manager, the Project Coordinator (Health and Nutrition) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of all project activities in the Shabwah, as well as ensuring timely reporting and compliance with donor rules and regulations and developing new funding opportunities. The PC will strengthen relationships with all stakeholders in target project areas. The PC will coordinate closely with local and national stakeholders in new proposed sites of implementation to ensure the appropriate coordination of activities and avoid overlaps of assistance.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall management of the ECHO project in Shabwah: including planning, needs re-assessment, and mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of national staff, technical guidance, reporting, through the teams under his/her direct supervision and in coordination with support departments, ECHO Program Manager, and with assistance of Deputy Area Manager, and Technical Advisors.
- Manage and report on the project in order to meet the project objectives in line with the proposal, log frame and budget and within the allotted time frame.
- Provide strong leadership, working to ensure both short and long-term positive outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local staff.
- Ensure that all project activities are being implemented in line with RI’s internal policies, at the same time respecting donor and cluster regulations as well as international humanitarian sector standards.
- Monitor activities, overseeing the technical design, and execution and evaluating progress.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation in all aspects of the project.
- Liaise with the donors and clusters, and other relevant stakeholders, on technical aspects of project implementation, in consultation with the Program Manager and Deputy Area Manager
- Liaise with Deputy Area Manager and Office Coordinator to facilitate program implementation
- Provide technical advice to the Project Teams, build the capacity of staff in program implementation
- Provide quality control of RI interventions within the project, in cooperation with MEAL Department
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed as overall program management progress monitoring and of each project separately against project proposals and logical frameworks
- Inform Program Manager on activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Ensure that RI policies and procedures are adhered to adequately.
- Hire and line-manage the staff of the assigned projects, including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Promote positive team environment between various teams and project staff in different locations.
- Facilitate dialog and group decision making where appropriate.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
- Ensure staff are trained to the appropriate international standards.
- Supervise consultants or volunteers as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Health and Nutrition sector; experience with INGOs required.
- Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience.
- Experience of program cycle management, and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls; proven ability to manage budgets.
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل