Project Assistant (Protection-Legal) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Project Assistant (Protection-Legal)
- Organizational Unit: Protection
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: M 4
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- CFCV No.: CFCV2024.006
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday, 13th February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and direct supervision of Senior Programme Assistant- IDP Response, and in collaboration with other relevant units at Ma’rib Sub Office the Project Assistant (Protection-Legal) will support the provision of legal aid services and area of focus on HLP through the Protection Unit of the IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support in coordinating and liaising Liaise and support the coordination with local authorities, stakeholders, community-leaders, and site focal points who will be relevant to the project in addressing eviction threats, land sustainability assessments and tenures.
2. Assist to conduct awareness-raising sessions for community members and stakeholders on HLP and civil documentation in collaboration with legal caseworkers and legal committees.
3. Support the provision of direct legal assistance, including legal counselling to individuals identified during the project and require support in accessing government services/ facing eviction threats.
4. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to legal caseworkers, legal committee and protection unit during the project on data collection, referrals for cases identified in respective sites as well as through helpdesks/Community Response Points.
5. Participate in forums held by national, regional, and local government entities, UN Agencies, NGOs, and other counterparts within the Area of Responsibility to facilitate project implementation, support proper coordination and sharing of information.
6. In coordination with the Protection Officer, Snr Programme Assistant, and Field Coordinator, participate in meetings with relevant local, District, Governorate and, if requested, National authorities and counterparts to support high level of government coordination
7. Compile and create reports and summaries using tracking tools and reporting templates from meetings on tenure arrangements and situational analysis, participatory assessment for reaching consensus on land uses, occupancy, including research and mapping of eviction trends from a Protection Lense as well as case conferences with HLP working group.
8. Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in LLM or related studies from an accredited academic university or institute with two years of relevant professional experience
- High School diploma with four years of relevant professional experience
- Experience providing support on Family Law, Civil Law, Housing, Land and Property and Civil Documentation issues.
- Experience supporint legal counselling in, GBV, child protection and general protection case management procedures and processes.
- Experience in conducting suitability assessments, trend monitoring and drafting of reports.
- Experience in usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel)
- Experience in usage of case management tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of legal concepts, terminologies, and procedures.
- Knowledge in communicating and working with a wide range of actors, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds, government and authorities, humanitarian actors (UN agencies and NGOs).
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- For all applicants, fluency in Arabic, English is required (oral and written).
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
- responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل