Youth Empowerment Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International in Yemen
CARE International is currently seeking Youth Empowerment Officer. He/she will contribute and support the implementation of youth empowerment program through assisting the Youth Empowerment Coordinator to run the project interventions duly and in accordance with project documents and work plan. S/he will do this by assisting with the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the project and activities, providing administrative support to the project, and maintaining project archives, documenting the project, and assisting with training and workshops. S/he will be focal point to coordinate closely with local implementing partner and other relevant parties to realizing project’s objectives. Youth Empowerment covers education and vocational training sectors among others. CARE’s Youth Empowerment program also includes rehabilitation of schools.
Position: Youth Empowerment Officer
Location: Taiz Area Office
Planning and Implementation:
- Make sure timely, accurate and high-quality project implementation as per work plan through effective liaison with related partners.
- Provide support to the establishment of the youth entrepreneurship and livelihoods network
- Monitor project activities and interventions so they are implemented accordance with project outputs and expected impacts.
- Offer ideas, suggestions and recommendations which improve the project team performance and facilitate the implementation of the project activities, which includes team training needs.
- Assist with the production of project briefs and agreements and any material in Arabic and English.
- Liaise with the project’s partners, arranging and confirming site visits and meetings and if appropriate attending and recording these.
- Monitor the activities of services that are provided by Implementing Local Partner.
- Helping to analyze, identify and recommend amendments to the planned activities for enhancement of project delivery at national and governmental levels for sustained empowerment of youth, which can include obtaining good quality of education.
- In close coordination with the Youth Empowerment coordinator to develop quarterly work and action plans and progress reports against outputs and deliverables.
- Provide on-going support to the team in Pamodzi.
- Ensure the quality of the reports generated by the project before external or internal official circulation.
- Provide training to partners, women and youth as needed.
- Provide support in donor contract management, its administration and compliance.
- Provide support to the Design Monitoring Evaluation activities including review of systems and processes, capacity building of staff, and development of program information for multiple audiences, quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Ensure that the crosscutting issues (gender, participation, conflict sensitivity, etc.) are prioritized while implementing project action plan.
- Track progress against indicators defined in the results framework.
- Ensure timely submission of reports on field activities by Local Implementing Partner and relevant stakeholders to be submitted to the Youth Empowerment Coordinator.
- Compile data needed for regular project reports and contribute to drafting regular progress reports for donors
Program Impact, Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Implement strategies for achieving and capturing impact of project activities
- Identify and document lessons learned. Analyze and document results through reports and publications.
- Ensure that project files are up to date and well maintained.
- Conceives and elaborate community development interventions with specific focus on mobilizing continued funding for the program.
- In close coordination with the Youth Empowerment Coordinator to provide guidance and technical support to Local Implementing Partner and consultants to ensure effective implementation of planned interventions assigned.
Line Management, Communication and Coordination:
- Coordinate with partners (INGOs, NGOs, local authorities and community leaders) based on participation principles to enable a well-organized planning of effective learning and sharing
- In coordination with the (Deputy) Area Manager, communicate in liaison with related partners, including disseminating information to them, collecting information from them, replying to their queries.
- Ensure timely and sufficient information-sharing on project implementation with the Youth Empowerment Coordinator, project partners and other relevant stakeholders and maintain close communications with them for quality of empowerment of youth which may include education.
- In coordination with the (Deputy) Area Manager, explore the scope of possible effective coordination, on a regular basis, between the project and governmental bodies where appropriate for effective implementation and enhanced sustainability of the project.
- Line manage YE Field Officers where appropriate
- University degree in Development, Education, Youth & Women Empowerment, or related field
- Desired knowledge of frameworks of Youth & Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Desired knowledge and experience of women development
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Good level of English language both spoken and writing
- 2+ years of experience in project management and/or a similar capacity
- Experience in planning, monitoring (programmatic and financial), and documentation
- 2+ years of experience in women entrepreneurship
- Experience in budgeting and donor reporting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles
- High level of team sprit
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects
Important Note: Please note that the only way to apply for a position with CARE is through the application system link that starts with careyemis.org/Apply that is shared in the advert of YemenHR.com or the formal newspaper. Furthermore, any recruitment or hiring correspondences would be through CARE official email addresses as in this example: email@example.com
No Fee: CARE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل