The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. SDF has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
Posted vacancy: FSL Coordinator
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: May. 11th, 2022.
Closing date: May. 17th 2022
The FSL coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of FSL programmes through support to the FSL teams and ensuring adherence to SDF and donor guidelines and standards. The FSL coordinator is in charge of building the capacity of the FSL team and SDF internal and external representation and coordination. Depending on size and structure of the mission, the FSL coordinator reports to project manager or program manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify geographical areas of interest to the organization according to humanitarian needs and vulnerable population context.
- Analyze and report the humanitarian needs and provide clear and detailed recommendations for interventions.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Plan and implement food security and livelihood activities such as:
- Assessments and surveillance interventions.
- Agro-sylvo-pastoral interventions.
- Group Cash based interventions.
- Food aid interventions.
- Income Generating Activities interventions.
- Research an innovative intervention to fight hunger.
- Ensure technical guidance of programme implementation in multiple operational bases through regular field visits (50 to 70% of the time) and according to donors requirements and SDF internal procedures and programme standards.
- Ensure monitoring of food security and livelihood projects (field visit, regular programme monitoring, planning, and donor’s reports, monthly reports, etc.).
- Ensure the preparation and writing of food security and livelihood proposals and donor reports (log frame, narrative, budget) together with the project manager and in link with the program team.
- Support the organization and facilitation of training sessions for technical teams and assisted communities.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with other technical departments (nutrition, water and sanitation) and support departments (logistics, Human resources).
- Liaising with donors, authorities, research institutes, partner organizations, NGOs, government bodies, and clusters at the sub-regional/country level.
INITIATIVE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become self-sufficient and autonomous quickly.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- ADAPTABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within the project or the organization itself.
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programmes).
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
MOTIVATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals.
- Interest in involvement beyond the job assigned i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organization itself.
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic aspects of the country.
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions.
PROFESSIONALISM AND MANAGEMENT
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of SDF.
- Ability to manage staff in a mature and impartial manner.
Qualification and Requirement
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or higher in socio-economic, rural development, international development or relevant fields.
- Two years of relevant work experience are essential.
- Minimum 4 years of humanitarian experience.
- Management of multi-cultural teams.
- Open, creative, experienced, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive, energetic, interested.
- Dedicated to SDF values.
- Coordination with other international and national actors (i.e: donors, UN, INGO, LNGO, local authorities).
- Knowledge of donors’ and sector policies and guidelines.
- Good stress management in tense and difficult environment.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here not later than, May17th, 2022.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل