WPE Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: WPE Manager
- Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
- Department: WPE
- Location: Aden and Abyan Governorates.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the WPE Coordinator and based in Aden , the WPE Manager position will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation, technical mentorship, and quality of a robust WPE prevention and response team of over 25 staff in Aden and Abyan governorates. The IRC is committed to gender equality.
Technical Quality and Grant Management:
• Provide technical and management leadership to the WPE program in Aden and Abyan and implement a capacity building plan for relevant project staff.
• Provide on-going training, coaching and mentoring to the team and partners to ensure quality of WPE service delivery and all other program activities.
• Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design
• Manage related grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for multiple projects.
• Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats.
• Manage the relevant project budget; oversee budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable; monitor monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets.
• In coordination with the WPE Coordinator, participate in the development of proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s WPE portfolio.
Recruitment and team management
• Recruit, train, and orient national staff in conjunction with Human Resources Department
• Ensure Performance Management System documentation is in place and followed up regularly.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local and international partners
• Adapt and facilitate trainings for partners to ensure effective and safe coordination of service provision
• Advocate with peer agencies, government, and other partners to promote delivery of inclusive and high quality response services.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
Education & Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, health, social work or other related discipline.
• In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies.
• Familiarity with WHO(CMR) guidelines or IRC (CCSAS) guidelines
• 2-3 years professional experience in Women’s Protection and Empowerment.
• At least one year of experience mentoring and supervising a team providing direct services to clients /or working at the community level
• Demonstrated experience in starting-up new programming and facilitating trainings.
• Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams to prioritize needs of women and girls
Skills & abilities
• Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
• English skills needed: Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Self-motivated, transparent, highly responsible, and punctual.
• Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor
Based in Aden with 70% travel to field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Case Management Assistant (Mobile Response)Deadline:24 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability OfficerDeadline:25 Oct | Aden
Nutrition AssistantDeadline:24 Oct | Abyan
Roving Field CoordinatorDeadline:27 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Health OfficerDeadline:01 Nov | Lahij